Chapter 75: Justice

"Everyone! Stop talking!" Namjoon shouts from his seat on the council panel.

When Namjoon's voice booms through the large courtroom, everyone stills and silences. The silver-haired alpha's red eyes glow as he looks around the room and releases his strong pheromones. His commanding presence causes every person in the room to tremble except for his mate.

"We will now begin the hearing for the Pack Council of Lutium." The council member to Namjoon's right announces as the Lutium Pack Council is escorted in handcuffs into the large courtroom.

"This is unfair! We were not involved with the choosing of the new Leader of the Inter-Pack Council!" The Pack Alpha of Lutium shouts in anger.

Namjoon grimaces as he looks at the alpha whose face is distorted and mutilated from Taehyung's immense anger and pain. 

"If you had not been attacking Pack Ignis at the time of the emergency meeting, you would have been able to cast your vote." The council member to Namjoon's left calmly responds.

"I object to this! He is the father of Kim Taehyung! His ruling will be biased against me!" Lutium's Pack Alpha shouts as blood trickles from the stitches on his mutilated face.

"My son's name is Jeon Taehyung, and all of my holdings will be according to the law." However, for everything you are guilty for, I will give you the highest penalty. Namjoon's menacing smile does not reach his eyes as pure hatred and disgust glisten in his red eyes.

"Joonie, I am so proud of you." Jin links his mate as Namjoon sits down and begins listening to the defense counsel.

"Thank you, Darling." Namjoon smiles and looks over at his mate who is watching him with a soft and loving smile.

After listening to every argument and all of the facts through the night, Namjoon and his council reach their conclusion as the sun rises. As Namjoon reads out his holding, he hopes that his sons will be proud of him being their father. Every word he says is careful as he does everything to make his loving family proud.

"Namjoon has announced the first convictions." Yongjoon tells his family when he walks into the living room.

"Who is it?" Taehyung asks and looks up from his laptop to his grandfather.

"The entire pack council of Lutium." Yongjoon answers and hands his phone to Taehyung to see the news.

"He sentenced the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma of Lutium to death." Taehyung mutters in awe as he looks at his father's holding.

"They killed thousands, so it is only right that they die." Jungkook mumbles and hugs Jaewook who is sleeping peacefully in his father's arms.

"I knew that I raised my son well." Yongjoon smiles and sits down next to his mate.

"Appa is a good and brave man." Yoongi hums with pride as he reads his father's verdict.

"It is nice that we finally have a good Inter-Pack Council Leader." Mido smiles as she leans her head on her mate's shoulder.

"Hopefully with Abeonim as the Leader, it will be peaceful between the packs." Jungkook smiles as he looks at his sleeping pup.

"The pups will know peace growing up." Taehyung rocks Jaehyun in his arms as he smiles with hope for his pups' futures.

"Peace will be nice." Jungkook whispers and gently kisses Jaewook's forehead.

"Use this time of peace to become stronger than the other packs, so that if a leader comes in the future who is greedy, Ignis will be strong enough to protect itself." Yongjoon tells Jungkook with a soft smile.