Chapter 61: Sweet Family

As Taehyung sleeps, Jungkook's sad and scared eyes stare at the bandages on his mate's exhausted body. He tries to remember when his sanity snapped, but what horrifies him is that he remembers everything. He remembers losing control. As he replays what happened, he focuses on Taehyung's eyes.

"He was never scared." Jungkook whispers and looks at his mate's sleeping face. "Are you really not scared of me?" He reaches over and wraps his fingers around his mate's neck to see how he reacts. To his surprise, Taehyung moves closer to him. "You really are not scared of me." He quietly mutters and wraps his mate in his arms. "I will trust you. I will trust that you are not afraid of me even after what I did."

At around four a.m., the twins' cries wake Jungkook from his sleep. He carefully sits up and makes sure his mate is sleeping soundly then goes to the nursery. He smiles when he sees Jaewook standing at the crib while reaching in and gently petting his crying brothers.

"My little Wookie is so kind and caring." Jungkook softly hums as he walks over to the crib.

"Are they hungry?" Jaewook asks and looks up at his father.

"Yes, newborn pups need to eat quite often." Jungkook answers and lifts the twins out of the crib then walks over to the rocking chair and sits down. Once he has both twins situated, he opens a bottle warmer that has prepared baby bottles.

Jaewook crawls back into his bed and watches as his father feeds his younger brothers. As he watches his father feed his younger brothers, he wonders if someone cared for him like that before his parents saved him. All that the pup remembers is crying out for someone to hold him and love him. All of his memories before he met his parents are filled with loneliness and fear.

"Wookie, no matter how cold and scary your past is, Eomma and Appa are not going anywhere. I promise that we will always love you." Jungkook tells his son when he sees a look in his son's eyes that he recognizes. I used to wonder if anyone had ever loved me. I know that look in his innocent eyes.

"Okay." Jaewook smiles as all sadness leaves his eyes and only happiness and trust remain.

Once the twins are fed and happily sleeping, Jungkook quietly walks out of the nursery and goes to his and his mate's room. When he walks into the bedroom, Taehyung's gaze greets him.

"Tae, you should be sleeping." Jungkook softly smiles and walks over to his mate.

"I woke up, and you weren't here, so I was waiting for you." Taehyung answers and happily waits for his mate to get into the bed with him.

"The twins were hungry." Jungkook explains and carefully lies down next to his mate who instantly snuggles closer to him with a happy hum.

"Thank you for taking care of them." Taehyung smiles and buries his face against his mate mark on his mate's shoulder.

"Thank you for trusting me. My father was not someone to learn to be a father from, and I did not have anyone to watch growing up to learn how to treat my mate. But I promise that I will do everything that I can to be a good mate and father." Jungkook mumbles and holds Taehyung closer.

"Kookie, you are already a wonderful mate and father. All four of us trust you and love you." Taehyung lovingly presses several soft kisses on his mark on his mate's shoulder.

The hungry cries of the twins wake the slumbering parents from their peaceful sleep in each other's arms.

"Stay. I'll feed them." Jungkook lovingly kisses his mate's forehead then gets up from the bed.

"No. Bring the twins in here and give one of them to me to feed." Taehyung lovingly demands and pecks his mate's nose.

"Okay." Jungkook smiles and leaves the room.