Chapter 1: Job Hunt

(A/N: Thank you for taking the time to read this story. Feel free to comment anywhere in the story! I love the interaction!)

__________________________________

High school was a complete mess, but after, it just got even worse. It wasn't easy adjusting to having no routine anymore. Considering the circumstances, it was even more difficult to find the will to get out of bed and find a job.

College was the last thing in Naruto's mind, money was the only thing that really concerned him. The social security he was receiving from his parents death had stopped just a few months after graduation. His trust funds that were left behind for him won't kick in until the end of the year. It being June now, he still has about seven months till any income will come in, unless he gets a job.

Naruto's godfather Jiraiya, would frequently come by periodically throughout his childhood, but never stayed long enough to be considered a parental figure, only a parental guardian. He'd make sure Naruto had the essentials such as bathing materials, clothes, food, water, and anything to keep him remotely occupied during his leave. Being the "pervy old man" that Naruto would label him as, he'd leave behind a plethora of adult magazines for him, which is what his godfather would call "entertainment." However those types of things never seemed to attract Naruto like it did for Jiraiya. It was disgusting and he thought of it as invasive, like the supposed research his godfather does.

He stretched across his bed, slowly spreading his arms and legs out carefully to not strain any muscles or give himself a cramp. After relaxing back in to the semi-cold sheets, he breathed in deeply before exhaling with exhaustion. It took a lot more effort than he was anticipating to actually get up from the comfortable spot he was in.

It was a Monday and he knew better than to waste the day away by doing nothing like he has been for the last month since graduation. He quickly made his way to the shower and undressed before getting into the glossy white cubicle. It wasn't as if he was late for anything specific, but he knew if he didn't get out of the house now to find a job he wouldn't at all. It's 9:30AM, and the clock was ticking faster than he could keep track of. He finally got himself dressed, wearing a nice red collared shirt that had three buttons one being unbuttoned for comfortability, with blue jeans that fluctuated in darker shades throughout them. His shoes were black, with the emblems blacked out with black laces. He looked good and he knew it. He nodded at himself in the mirror as if giving credit for his appearance.

Grabbing his house keys and cell phone, putting them snugly in his pocket, he finally made it out of his home, locking the door behind him. Because money is so tight and has been since the beginning of high school, he hasn't been able to afford a car. However, he took an extra class his senior year that his school offered. A mechanic class, which provided him the basic knowledge needed to have experience in that field.

He unlocked his bike from the beam that supported the floor above his apartment, dropping the lock after closing it up. His lips were flat, showing no emotion as if no thoughts were going through his mind, he was only moving with little conscious. Straddling his bike and placing his feet on the pedals while simultaneously pushing forward.

By the time 10:30AM rolled around, he made it to his first destination, a coffee shop only a few blocks down the road from his high school. Even though it wasn't quite up his alley of job choices, he knew he had to try anything just to survive for a little while. When he walked in he immediately caught glimpse of a familiar face standing at the register. "Hello, welcome to Fire Cafe!" The voice belonging to the face said before catching her light green eyes with his vivid ocean eyes. "Oh, Naruto! It's so good to see you!"

"Ino! Hey! Good to see you too!" Naruto retorted before approaching the counter, his  old class mate looked at him with a genuine smile. It was normal to be greeted in a positive way, considering they were somewhat friends in high school. They shared a friend, Sakura, so it was common for them to be found hanging out in similar spots at school. Not that the two would have hung out without their pink haired friend around, but still mutual enough to call one another friends.