- Chapter 32

Scaramouche stood still in his room facing the door, unable to process what happened.

"Nice job eh? Really...packed it in there didn't ya?"

Tartaglia clapped as he enetered Scaramouches room.

"What do you mean?"

Scaramouche asked as he crossed his arms. Tartaglia pulled a piece of paper from his pocket and unfolded it.

"You told me you knew how to flirt...I really shouldn't have trusted you. After all, the only interaction you've ever had with females and "love" were with prostitutes!"

Tartaglia rolled his eyes.

"Yeah doesn't it work the same way?! The woman love me there!"

"They love your mora, not you."

Scaramouche glared at the large man, his fists clenched.

"Hey, hey! Don't get mad now! I just meant..."

"Shut up," 

Scaramouche growled.

Tartaglia took a step back, raising an eyebrow.

"Now look here, you heard me. If you want this girl head over heels for you then this situation...isn't gonna work. Sorry."

"I need her to like me for WORK, I need her to cooperate with me."

"So you want to use her. Why not just be her friend or some shit?"

"No!"

"Well-"

"You don't know how this works either!"

Scaramouche mumbled crossing his arms.

"Watch me."

Childe smirked as he circled Scaramouche.

"Oh I will!"

Scaramouche barked as Tartaglia jumped out the window.

_____________________________________

You were cooking in the kitchen when you heard a loud thud followed by a scream coming from outside.
You rushed to the window and saw the one and only Tartaglia waiting at your door with a bouquet of yellow flower. Suspicious... you hadn't seen him in a while that's for sure. Maybe he is going to offer you another job and you won't have to share a bed with that perverted boss of yours anymore. You open the door and watch as he enters the house. Your heart beating faster than it should be. He approaches you, smiling broadly. He takes a deep breath.

"Wanna go out with me tonight?"

"No,"

You say firmly turning away from him. Tartaglia lets out a frustrated sigh before throwing himself on the ground.

"Why can't I have nice things?!"

What's wrong with heterosexual men now, exactly? And why were you attracting their attention given that, prior to joining the fatui, you were essentially invisible and only seen as a traveler. Maybe joining the fatui makes you instantly attractive, going by the fact that every woman you've come across there is stunning... Maybe they only employed attractive people?

"Um..."

"What?"

"Nothing!"

You're about to ask why he keeps staring at you so intensely when he starts walking towards you.

"I'm sorry,"

he says, placing both hands on your shoulders.

"I know you may not feel comfortable with this but I think we could spend time together."

You stand there, frozen, as he brushes your hair behind your ear.

"I hope you'll give me another chance,"

he murmurs. The guy is out for something. He looked desperate... for some type of life advice. But like...the stupid type of advice that you shouldn't even ask-

"Ok, yeah fine."

"Thank you."

He takes your hand and kisses it gently. He winks at you as he guides you to the front door.

"We can grab some nice fancy food if you'd like! I mean...I heard that Scara-boss of yours cooked breakfast, yikes!"

"He can cook."

"he can what now-"

"Yuh- like really good actually.
Probably the only good thing about him,"

You shrugged. Tartaglia stared at you in shock before shaking his head.

"Ok yeah where do you wanna eat?"

"Something casual would be nice,"

"Sure!"

"Good."

_____________________________________

You returned home late. The so-called "date" you had with Childe went well; after all, you got free food. But you couldn't shake the feeling that you were being used for something...You didn't tell him any info nor did he ask nor do anything suspicious. Maybe he just wanted to hang out who knows. He seemed the type to not really have friends so it was probably not much to worry about. As you entered the house, you notice Scaramouche standing near the fireplace. He looks nervous, sweaty. You slowly approach him.

"Hey," he says.

"Hello,"

"How'd it go?"

"Good," you say.
"Wait how did you know-"

"I heard you leave."

"Oh uh..."

"It was a date."

"A what?"

"A date."

"No?"

"You left with someone,"

"No I just-"

"You went on a date!"

"Bro you smoking something or some shit? You high? You do realize it's T-a-r-t-a-g-l-i-a we are talking about...right?"

Scaramouche fell silent as he closed his eyes. He shook his head and walked upstairs to his room, shutting the door behind him.

You let out an exasperated groan-

-and that's when it finally hit you.

_____________________________________