Instead you followed a path - Chapter 4

You woke up to the sound of your alarm clock ringing. You were sleepy and could barely keep your eyes open. While trying to mute the clock it wouldn't shut up so eventually, the clock ended up thrown at a wall, from where it fell down to the ground and finally stopped ringing.

As you slowly sat up you felt something around your wrist, it was a weird metal bracelet. You didn't think much of it and headed towards the bathroom for a shower. While leaving your dorm, you found your traveling bag of essentials, clothes, toiletries and some other stuff of yours infront of your door. You took your bag back in your dorm, then continued a quick morning routine where you showered, brushed your teeth etc. When you got back to your room you had exactly 20min left, to be on time at scaramouches office.

As you left your room you realised that you had no idea in which direction to go nor where the offices where located, until you realised there was a map on the wall showing you the way to the stairs and where what was located. It was pretty complex and you barely got to the right hallways but you made it just in time infront of Scaramouches office. You pushed down the door handle only to realize that the door was locked, so doing whatever any normal person would do, you tried braking in using a bobby-pin. Thanks to your older brother, who had thought you how to unlock doors using bobby-pins, this was easy!
You were about to insert the bobby-pin, but suddenly you heard footsteps approaching. You quickly hid the pin and leaned against the wall silently whistling to yourself trying to act as innocent as possible, just like it was another regular day, nothing more.

The footsteps kept approaching closer and closer till they suddenly stopped. You looked to your left (where the footsteps came from) and you were met face to face by the one and only, Scaramouche.
Your faces were nearly inches away, it looked like his eyes pierced right through your soul as he unlocked his office door. You followed him into the room, you stood on the side of the room as he sat behind his desk. He gestured you to have a seat, and so you did.
"You're late" he declared as he took out a bunch of papers from the desk cupboard and placed it on the desk.

"Well yeah...the door was locked and you were the one who showed up 10min LATE to unlock the door, not me-"

"Don't speak unless I, your boss, let you"

"What do you mean by dOn't SpeAk UnLEss yOur bOss LEts YOu, bullshit!"

To your response, he only raised a brow at you.
Awkward silence quickly spread the room as you both looked at eachother weirdly, only for you to look away to the wall trying to avoid what just happened.

"Your office is located right next to mine, and the door to my left is what links both our rooms, so you can just use that door to come visit me at my office in any time of need. You will find your uniform in your office cupboard, third shelf. There is a small whiteboard set up on your wall, similar to mine which has your daily wor and break time for lunch, etc added to it."

"Who are you to-"

"Stop wasting time and move along, your work schedule is pretty filled up today."

"Ye ye whatever, i'll go and move my pretty thicc ass and finish your paper work"

You felt a slight sting at your wrist as he glared at you. You could see that he was annoyed at this point.

"Sorry, forgot, I didn't mean to spoil your innocent little ears~"

"Disobey my orders once again and I'll actually shock you"

"..."

"That bracelet of yours, how else do you think we can keep you here with trusting you that you won't escape?"

You just now realised you had that strange bracelet around your hand.

"Get to work"

And so off you barged through the connecting doors, to your office. On the whiteboard was marked your batch of paperwork, which you didn't seem to spot anywhere.  As you sat behind your desk, your door flung open and in walked someone you could not recognize because they had lots of stacks of paper in their hands which went up and covered their face.
They approached your desk and carefully placed the papers on your desk into three groups, making sure they wouldn't fall.

"If I were you, I would start working on those papers cutie~"

"Oh, it's you."

Your blunt reply made the now ginger look a bit offended.

"C'monnnn why so mean first thing in the morninggg, what did I even dooo"

"Exist."

"You've wounded my heart-"

"Good."

"Seems like that little cockroach has already ruined this cuties mood, as usual of him.."

"PfFt- cockroach! suits him well"

"I know right?! Cocky and you can just never seem to get rid off"

"PFt-"

You quietly snickered at the given nickname for your boss as the ginger opened the office closet.

"Hm..."

"Yes?"

"Well you better change into your uniform soon, you wouldn't want anyone misplacing you for an intruder now would ya? I'll see you around~!"
Childe smiled as he left your office closing the door behind himself.

You sighed as you got up from your desk and went to check the closet for your uniform. You took the uniform and went to the bathroom to change which was luckily located just a hallway down from your office. "Not half as bad as I expected it to be actually~" You said to yourself in a smug tone as you checked yourself out in the mirror in your new badass uniform. You felt like you were the head chief of your own army.

You took a last glance at your new uniform and headed out the bathroom and back to your office only to be met by a certain balladeer. "Where were you for so long- wait- the hell are you wearing?!"

"Uh...the uniform you told me to wear..?"

"This was not th-"

He paused as he looked at your desk.

"That son of a bitch better beg for mercy right now"

Scaramouche swore under this breath with murder in his eyes, which kind of scared you. He told you to continue your work as he stormed out of your office going who knows where. Neither did you really care that much, you were a bit concerned at first yes, but you didn't care anymore, at least for now. All you cared about is finishing your ton of paperwork.