Lost map - Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: This fanfiction has been developed over two years, and there's been a significant improvement in the writing. I've revised the first chapter to showcase the quality of the later chapters and assure you that the writing has gotten better😍

As a wanderer, you've embarked on a journey through distant lands, countries, and islands in search of a place to call home. It's been about six months since you set out, just after coming of age. Recently departing Liyue after a two-week stay to stock up on supplies, you now find yourself settling down for the night in a tent beneath a towering tree in the forest.

As you drift off, the forest's peaceful sounds surround you: leaves whispering, crickets chirping, and branches rustling. Suddenly, you hear heavy footsteps nearing your camp. Ah, the beauty of nature's symphony...

wait...

footsteps?!

Sensing someone's approach, you hold your ground silently, trying not to make a sound. The footsteps draw closer before halting near your camp. "Probably just my imagination," you murmur to yourself, easing back onto the soft futon. As sleep begins to claim you once more, you feel as though you're drifting on a boat down a lazy river, slowly, ever so slowly, journeying toward your next destination.

You startle awake as the sensation of hitting hard ground jolts through you, causing unexpected discomfort in your back. Confusion sets in as you wonder how such a jolt could happen, especially within a dream.

With a groan, you sit up and gingerly exit the tent, rubbing your sore back. "Holy Barbatos, how did I manage to hurt my back while sleeping?" you mutter to yourself, inspecting the bruise that has formed on your lower back.

"Seems like you have awoken.."

"..."

"You seem too young to be having hearing problems already."

"Guess I'm not as young as I used to be," you remark wryly, acknowledging the unexpected ache in your back.

You scan your surroundings, searching for any possible escape routes or paths forward, only to realize you're in a completely unfamiliar section of the forest. Without hesitation, you break into a sprint, determined to flee the unknown and ensure your safety.

"GET IT!"

Ignoring the distant yell, you continue sprinting until you spot a tree with a small hole. Without second thoughts, you crawl inside and hide. Surprisingly, the interior of the tree is spacious enough for two people. You stay calm and silent, holding your breath as a group of people run past, searching for you. When the coast is clear, you release a heavy sigh, gasping for breath as you try to steady yourself.

"Heyyyy there, girlie~ Seems like you're a big fan of hide and seek, huh? Well, too bad, because it looks like I found you!"

Before you could react, something strikes you, knocking you unconscious and causing you to collide with the inside of the tree bark.