- Chapter 19

"Utter bullshit!"

You heard a voice mumble above you. And when you looked to see who it was. There stood your one and only cocky boss, Scaramouche.

"Did I hear incorrectly when you said you came here for work?!"

Scaramouches eyes were filled with anger, but his face looked dull. He looked like a sociopath who was about to murder you. Scaramouche was definitely feeling his villain arc. You gave him an awkward smile of disgust and when you looked at Tartaglia, he didn't look very happy either. Tartaglia looked at you and then glared back at Scaramouche. Childe cleared his throat,

"There wasn't any food back at the Cafe and i decided to treat Y/n thanks to her hard work. Care to join...?"

He was slowly moving a wine glass towards Scaramouche. Scaramouche wasn't buying it. So before you knew it, your angry cocky boss had grabbed your hand and teleported you both out of there. You both had teleported back to the cafe you were working at.

"Pack your shit, we are leaving this hokey pokey business. I don't want to hear a word from you, got it?!"

You slowly nodded and walked towards the window. You leaned your back against the wall, looked at Scaramouche and smiled.

"No"

"Excuse me?"

"No. We had a deal, tomorrow. Not today."

Scaramouche wasn't very happy with your reply. But he wasn't very surprised either since he had gotten used to your 'attitude'. He stood there, rubbing his temples.

"Wanna take a shower then?"

he asked. The sound of his voice made you cringe. Your eyes met his as he stood and started to turn around. Something was different. You looked him up and down before asking,

"What?"

"Go take a shower."

He repeated before walking out of your room. You sighed as you headed towards your bathroom to 'take a shower' as Scaramouche demanded you to do. You turned on the shower tap, hot water meeting your skin. It turned ice cold. 'Fuck! " You turned off the water, then quickly dried yourself off with a towel. You wrapped the towel around yourself and as you stepped out, you realised you were alone. Scaramouche left. He was probably the reason for the cold water too. You went downstairs to the back room, to check the water heater. It was definitely turned off since the tank was as cold as ice. Heating itself was a long process. So you turned the water heater on and continued to the kitchen where you could boil some hot water and have a warm bath. But you were too lazy for that. So you headed back to your room and went to sleep.

*~•———*~•———Next Day———•~*———•~*

𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢 -  11.30(am)

You were already standing behind the counter once again. Today was an early Monday morning since you had to open the cafe at 09.00(am). Everyone had rushed in right away when you had opened the cafe, and there was a huge queue of people waiting in line to order their morning coffee to go. At least the rush hour was over by the day. At least you hoped so. Since now it was 11.30 not 9. Once again, you heard a familiar 'ting~' come from door.
Well well, guess who it was. Our special guest. He sure did look like a snowflake prince. Long icy white hair, with eyes as white as fucking snow. If looked like he had seen things, lots of things. Quite charming actually. But fierce. A bad boy rawr~

He walked towards the counter you were standing behind. He ordered dark hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate flakes. He definitely has good tatse mmm. He sat down with two other men at the front of the cafe, near the window. One of the men had a blue hat and the other had a blue shawl. You made his hot chocolate and pored it in the special teacup set that Tartaglia had given you. You then crushed the pill into a powder and added it into the whipped cream that you made freshly. You walked over to the snowflake prince (that's what you called him) and placed the hot chocolate right infront of him on the table. He looked at you and smiled,

"Thank you"

He seemed to have good manners, unlike a certain someone... You smiled back at him and slowly walked away.

"It's a fine day,"

said the man with the blue hat sitting next to him.

"Indeed it is,"

replied the snow prince, who was now lying back on the chair. The man with the blue shawl looked at the snow prince seriously before saying,

"But I wish you wouldn't do that. You're such a nice man."

"Oh, I'm not a nice man; I'm a regular thief!"

The snow prince replied to the man with the blue shawl. The three of them started quietly laughing.
Before you knew it, the snow prince had already finished his hot chocolate and the three of them were stepping out the cafe. Now that you thought of it, they seemed like jerks. Maybe he was appart of the fatui or something, but why would you have to give him that pill. Whatever the reason was it didn't really matter did it. You could ask Tartaglia later on.

*~•———*~•———Time Skip———•~*———•~*

𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢 -  19.23 (7.23pm)

You had just closed the cafe and decided to take a nice hot bath to relax yourself from the busy day. There were three rush hours today. One at 9-10(am), the second at 13-14(1-2pm) and the third at 17-18(5-6pm). Lots and lots of orders, and some interesting Karens. You went to the bathroom and turned the bath tap on to fill the bath. Luckily there was hot water today. You let the water run a bit while you undressed yourself and washed your face.
You stepped in the bath before stepping right out again.  'Are you kidding me?!' you thought to yourself as the water was ice cold again. You wrapped a towel around yourself before running right down the the back room and checking the heater. This time, there was no heater. 'Where the fuck did the heater go?' You swore under your breath as you turned the light on.

"Hey princess...looking for something?"

asked the voice infront of you. You scanned from down to up and before you realised that it was the one and only snow prince standing infront of you.
You gave him a face of disgust,

"What the fuck did you do to my heater?!"

"your heater? I don't think so...fatui,"

he replied, his face turning black as he said 'fatui'.
Before you knew it, a bag was over your head and you were knocked out.