Ending up at a dead end - Chapter 6

You woke up the next day with a headache. Since you got the chance to get up late than usual, you were the only one in the bathrooms brushing your teeth and getting ready since all soldiers had already left. Once you were dressed and finished doing your morning routine, you headed to your bosses office. You entered the room without even knocking and closed the door behind you before you sat infront of Scaramouche as his desk. He was doing his paperwork, not even looking at you, it felt like he wasn't even there, but the room's atmosphere was tense. You raised your brow at him, while he continued with his work.

"Rule nr 467. before entering your higher ups office, you knock. Ever learnt that easy manner, no?"

"I don't give a damn shit, now why did you ask to meet me?"

"Rule nr 267-"

"Ye ye sorry boss that was very much inappropriate of me, why shall you have called to meet me upon this beautiful day."

"That's more like it! Now back to the point. You will be lifted to the top rooms right next to mine so I can keep an eye on you. The cleaners should be or should have moved your room upstairs by now so no worry. Here are your keys!"

He placed the keys in front of you on the desk.

"..."

"You may be excused for now."

He excused you as you left to your office, grabbing the keys off the desk and handing him your old room keys. What in his right mind was he thinking?! Now you couldn't even meet your friend at all, this is going to be more miserable than ever. Well maybe you could sneak him into your office but Scaramouche would notice. Whatever, it's fine, you've still got a new room at least, since it is on the higher up floor next to scaramouche then the room might even be a bit bigger and have heating! So that's a good bonus. You say behind your desk and started to work on your paperwork, like usual, nothing interesting. You had been working for quite some time till you heard someone enter your room. Judging that they barged in without knocking and you could hear faint snow from their footsteps, it could only be one person...

"Hey comrade! Wacha up to"

Childe. He had a happy smirk on his face as he sat down on a chair opposite you in front of your desk.

"Nothing much...Just...Working"

You murmured in a happy sad type of tone. At least you could still meet up with Childe...right?

"Awh who upset my little girl here?! What did that Fandango do now?"

"Ah it's nothing..."

"Don't be like that now...you do realise that I know that kid pretty well you know"

He smiled at you giving you a look saying he knows exactly what happened. He did too.

"Don't worrryyy comrade! Just meet us down at the Fatui bar, we have a night out there every Friday night, you'll meet the kid there. Tonight at 11.30, see ya~!"

He chuckled as he exited your office. Well, since everyone does hang out there at night then there shouldn't be a problem in you hanging there either. Now all you needed to do was find the location of the bar aka get the Fatui headquarters map, which you didn't have. You did have it but it didn't have all rooms, only the office rooms and toilets, the rest kitchen, bar, library, cafeteria, etc we're not marked on there. You knew where the library and cafeteria were though, they were the biggest rooms coloured out there + you passed them often. One person you knew who definitely had a map was Scaramouche of course, so you decided to borrow it for a second today to mark down the pub on you map. After all you would have to steal it or otherwise he would probably start questioning and later not let you go, know what type of guy he was. But maybe, you never know, maybe he also goes there every Friday, who knows? But you weren't going to risk it.

Luckily your fancy hat boss had a meeting today, so you could go and get a small peak at the map. When Scaramouche had left for the meeting, you sneaked to his office an started looking around for the map. You knew it was in one of the drawers of his desk, and guess what, it was! You took the map out and layed it on the desk, only for it to be way bigger and full of other rooms you didn't know existed in te Fatui headquarters. Just now did you only realize how big the headquarters actually were, since half of it operated underground. You started listing down all the places from that map to yours, all the places in case you needed them ever. Since the rooms in your map were smaller, and only the offices were shown, you just pulled a line connecting to each individual place. When you finished mapping your map out, which took you longer than you expected, you placed the map back from where you took it. You quickly left the office just in time for Scaramouche to enter it.

That was one close call. You continued with your office work and tried finishing it as early as possible so you could head back to your room and at least have a shower before heading to the bar. You thought you really needed this, they might have some good snacks there since you were a bit hungry. It wasn't that Fatuis food was bad, it was really good actually, but they didn't hand out any snacks or so, so the bar might have it. Once you got back to your room after that long shift, you had a quick shower and wore your regular outfit instead of the uniform of course, and headed of to the bar, trying not to encounter Scaramouche in the hallway.

Once you got to the hallway which said "bar" on your map, you didn't seem to see any door of sorts anywhere. You looked at your map once again and then at the hallway. You saw on of the soldiers walk up to the wall next to the plant and just walk through it. You were confused as hell. You walked up to the same wall and tried walking just next to the plant like him but just slammed into the wall. Then you tried the other side of the plants wall and suddenly you felt like you walked through a wall, which you actually did, you just walked through a wall. Then it hit you, of course it was hidden like this, because rule nr whatever, said Fatui no party shit, so it made sense, although how did Scaramouche have it on his map...or maybe because it was through a wall to make it soundproof. Whatever you could care less right now, as you saw you friend sitting on one side of the pub playing cards. You decided to join him only to be met with Tartaglia too.

"Heyyy girlie~ so you came huh? I knew you woulddd!"

Childe greeted you and you smiled at him.
You greeted Thoma and he greeted you back. You told him what Scaramouche said and he got a bit mad at Scaramouche, but Childe only interrupted you two and told you both to forget the Fandango man, and enjoy yourselves instead.