- Chapter 21

Now sitting in the tent, hands and legs tied up. No one else there and the JJ guy who was supposed to guard you wasn't standing infront of the tent guarding you anymore but rather on the ground deep asleep. Or so you guessed. In hell you were going to stay here, you wanted your freedom! Luckily whoever these ppl were, were shit at tying people up because the rope around your legs and hands could be easily slipped off. Well that was easy at least. Next you needed to get out the tent. So you unzipped the tents so called door and left the tent, running as far as you could, wherever you could far away to freedom. You wouldn't allow yourself to be captured again and forced into some gang like earlier with the fatuis. Although you were sprinting like it were for your life (which it practically was) your legs finally failed you. You stopped and leaned to a tree for support to catch your breath.

You looked up to scan your surroundings, only to realise you were in a jungle like forest. The trees were tall and thick, and the foliage was thick enough to block out the sunlight. It didn't help that the ground was covered in thick mud, which made the forest even more gloomy. The only thing that gave it any kind of shape was the occasional clump of trees that had been cut down by the jungle, or the odd tree that grew from a pile of rocks. There weren't even any other creatures to see. You had come by many spooky parts of forests multiple times already, so this wasn't very new to you. But it was a forest you had never been to, who knew what creatures could be hiding around you. The easiest trick you had learnt from earlier experience is by climbing a tree or any type of higher surface so you could get a view of the surroundings around you from the top. Meaning you could spot and find the nearest path to any light source or village etc. Lucky for you or not there were huge trees in this forest.

Once you reached the top of the tallest tree you spotted, you tried to spot any sorce of light or village.  You couldn't find any until you turned to your left and realised there was a light source coming from inside the forest. You sighed of relief as you started climbing down the tree as fast as you could. Once your feet touched the ground, you sprinted as fast as you could towards the direction of light you saw before. The nearer to the direction you approached the bright the light got. From the before pitch black forest to a colourful one. You sprinted towards the house as hard as the trees would allow you. As you ran towards it, your heart was thumping, adrenaline pumping through your veins. Happy that you maybe finally found someone would be able to help you and guide you so you could finally travel free again.

As you stood behind the door and reached out to knock, you hestitated. Something felt off.