You woke up somewhere strange - Chapter 9

You woke up at 8.30(am) to your alarm going off as usual. You got up, had a shower, did your daily morning routine and headed to your office. You were signing paperwork and waited for your breakfast to be delivered, as usual. As you were sipping on your tea and eating your breakfast, your side door opened. In walked your Fandango hat boss and stood before you and your desk.

"Once you finish your breakfast, pack up your things for a two - three day trip, be at my office by 11.00(am)"

"But that's in 15min? The papers for today-"

"That's an order"

He declared as he left your office. Well that's his fault that the very important papers for today won't be done. You finished the last bite of your breakfast and headed to your room and packed necessary supplies for the the next few days. You didn't need much really, after all you are (more like were) a traveler. Except you didn't carry you bigger bag with food supplies and such, meaning you had your small pack pack and that's really it. You locked your door before heading off to Scaramouches office, just exactly at 11.00. You entered Scaramouches office and saw him put his Fandango hat on.

"What are you staring at? Go and lock your office door instead."

He spat at you and threw you the keys to your office.
You left Scaramouches office to your office, by the separated doors and locked it from inside. Once you got back to Scaramouches office you handed him the keys as he was locking his office door from inside. Now you both were stuck inside the office..?
Scaramouche went and pulled a book from one of the bookshelves and the bookshelf moved, revealing a secret room.

"Quit standing there and let's go, we haven't got all day. I thought you were a traveler not a slug."

He snapped at you as he entered the room, only for you to follow him. The bookshelf closed itself as you entered the room. Scaramouche pressed one of the buttons with the letter G on it, and the room started moving downwards, later on you realising it wasn't a room, it was an elevator. When the elevator reached the ground floor, the doors opened, and you both exited it, only to be greeted with a small stone room with a stone camouflage type door. Scaramouche opened the door and you both exited through it. You both started following a trail which lead you out of Snezhnaya. Later on you realised that that whole thing wasa secret passageway to leave the headquarters, or maybe move around because there were other buttons too.

"We are headed off to Liyue to collect overdue taxes. We should be arriving to our first stop latest by midnight. From there onwards we have a 9.30(am) wake up, and should be arriving at Liyue latest by 13.00(1pm). From there on we collect the taxes and later head back."

He explained in a clear voice walking ahead on the trail, not looking once at you. You looked a bit confused and at loss for words

"Have I made the plan clear, or do you have problems with hearing?"

"Yep, I got the plan but... You do realise I still have escaping in mind, since I am practically held captured- and- who is going to monitor that I don't murder you in your sleep? + who is going to finish all the paperwork?! You do realise those were for the Tsarista?!"

"The paperwork has been taken care of. I'm a light sleeper + you do realise how strong I am compared to you and...you can't escape. End of story. Now on our way there don't-"

"You stronger than me my ass, you barely know me! You could call yourself strong next to me if I were a twig!"

"But you are a twig!"

"I-"

"Stop behaving like a baby and shut up. I don't want to hear another word from you, till we reach our destination, is that clear?"

"yea yea whatever babyboss"

That angered Scaramouche. He stopped walking and stared down at the ground, clutching his fists, as you continued walking, not realizing that he had stopped. Suddenly you felt your body slightly sting, making it stiff and you ending up falling into a bush.
You couldn't move for a good ten seconds and could only stare as Scaramouche walked by you whistling, giving you a glance and smirking. You got up, dusted yourself and started following him again. This was going to be a long day.

Your Fandango hat boss and you had been walking in silence for hours now. It had been boring as hell. You had tried sneeking off from the trail to go get some rest or sit for some while but Scaramouche would shock your bracelet that told you to keep moving. Even as a travel you hadn't walked that much as you had today. You couldn't hold back either and started nagging Scaramouche, repeatedly asking "are we there yet?!" only for him to reply with a simple "No".

You were so done with this travel, how could this damn ass Fandango boy keep up for so long?! He was definitely using some potion or some magic curse shit, for him to keep up and not get tired.
You gave up and on nagging to because there wouldn't come much of it. You both walked and walked and walked and suddenly you bumped into something- that something was your boss, Scaramouche. To your reaction he didn't say anything and just stood there. He started walking again, approaching a huge tent.

"It's time for slumber, rest time now!"

"Finalllyyyy!!!"

"What? no? you are my secretary you keep watch while I sleep so no one attacks me and you keep me safe..?"

"Yeah i'm your SE-CRE-TA-RY, not a bodyguard! I desirve some rest too-"

"I order you to go outside and stay night watch, you don't want to see me angry do you? because I can do a LOT more than just these simple shocks"

"...."

"Good, now get your ass out there."

You just followed his order since you were too tired to fight back. You stood outside the tent as he entered it. You made a small sitting place out of your sleeping bag, so you could sit at the least rather than stand all night after that long walk. At that point you'd rather do paperwork without any breaks until your hand hurted, rather than be here. At least the view of the stars were pretty. You sat thare trying not to doze off and kept waking yourself up whenever you were about to fall asleep.