- Chapter 27

"Rise and shine sleepyhead, the sun's already in your eyes! Hahah... don't tell me you actually thought i'd wake you up like that,"

Scaramouche perched on the end of your bed. He had a big grin on his face as he looked down at you. As you drew the blanket over your naked body, your eyes widened in disbelief,

"You can't really expect me to believe that you fell asleep, right? I mean, you were so drunk last night you could barely stand, and I was walking around like I had just come out of a coma. We both know that you didn't sleep a wink. In fact, I bet you were staring at me the whole time. Hahaha... that sounds about right, doesn't it?

As if the man was reading your mind, he smirked and continued grinning. You glared at him until he lost his smile and started to scowl. He pretended to get angry and waved a finger in your direction.

"Stop worrying so much; there is nothing to worry about; you simply plopped on the bed as soon as you entered the room."

Standing up, he moved over to the door while sighing.

"Meet me downstairs for breakfast as soon as you're dressed and up."

With that, he left the room. You sat up quickly to hide your embarrassment. Your sheets were soaked with sweat and you could feel the dampness of your hair clinging to your forehead. Your cheeks flushed crimson and you let out a soft sigh.You couldn't help but feel like an idiot. Not only did you embarrass yourself in front of Scaramouche, but you also embarrassed yourself in front of Thoma. And worse yet, you didn't remember a thing about the previous night.

____________________________________

You were in the middle of the dining room looking for your table. You turned around as soon as you heard someone behind you snap twice; it was Scaramouche. He called you over from behind a table where he and others were sat. His eyes twinkled brightly as he gestured for you to join them.

"Come on, sit down and eat,"

He motioned towards a chair next to him. You slid into the seat, still feeling self-conscious.

"I'm glad you decided to join us!"

A jovial voice came from one of the other people seated at the table. The man wore a white tunic that matched his blond hair. He was smiling broadly as he spoke to Scaramouche. He seemed to be enjoying himself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you..."

   "Y/n"

"It's a pleasure to meet you Y/n, I am Ulfr,"

The man shook your hand. You smiled and returned his handshake. Ulfr looked to Scaramouche and nodded before turning back to you,

"Now that we've met, in a little over a half an hour, we're all taking a short trip to the local town. Interested in joining us?"

Ulfr asked you, still holding your hand and smiling at you. You glanced over to Scaramouche who was grinning from ear to ear and nodding enthusiastically.

"Sure, why not?

____________________________________