You escaped through it - Chapter 8

You woke up with a headache. You sat in bed for a good 3min just staring at the ceiling and rubbing your head a bit, trying to think what this headache could've come from. You looked at the clock, it said 11.30(am) meaning you were already late. But nobody had come to wake you up either. You sighed deeply as you got up from your bed, and stretched yourself, only for you to run to the bathroom and throw up in the toilet.

"Dear fucking Barbatos...what happened yesterday..."

Slowly some memories from yesterday started popping into your head. Not all of them though, only small parts, about you, Childe and Thoma drinking and playing card games and sorts.

"Well that explains it..."

You walked over to your desk to search for anything you might've had, when suddenly you spotted a pack of pills on your bedside table, with a glass of water.
No idea where they came from nor who brought them, at first sight you took two pills from the pack and swallowed them with the water. You then went and took a quick shower and got dressed in your uniform and started heading towards your office. You got into your office, sat down behind your desk. You looked at the whiteboard from the distance, only for it to be empty. You raised your brow in confusion when suddenly Scaramouche entered your office from the spare door and started writing on your white board. Probably your next schedule...weird, I thought he made someone else write it for him but you guess not.

"Be in my office in 5."

He calmly demanded as he put the top back on the marker and left through the spare door.

Welp, seems like you were in trouble.

You sorted the paperwork onto the tray next to your desk, got up, stretched a bit and left to Scaramouches office. You quietly sat in the seat in front of the desk opposite Scaramouche while he finished signing some documant, and placing it on the side tray next to his desk. He cracked his knuckles before resting his chin on his hands.

"I've called you in to discuss your new schedule."

Oh. So you weren't in trouble.

"From now on i've scheduled some combat classes for you, so you could accompany me around a bit, and be actually useful!"

Nevermind, you were kind of in trouble now, BUT it also had good benefits to help you escape HAHAH!! The balladeer isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

"Also, you should try forgetting that silly little plan of you ever escaping, you have clearly forgotten the bracelet on your arm if you do vanish off!"

Ah yea...shit.

"How is your head doing? do you still have nausea or anything? i can give you something for it. I don't want my secretary to embarrass themselves on the battlefield because of a hangover."

"How...did you-"

"Don't you remember anything from yesterday night? (more like today morning 2am) Even the ginger can remember more than you!"

Suddenly the memories from yesterday started flooding right back. You remembered everything that had happened. You slightly smirked.

"Well well, but it seems like our so brutal and cold fandango man has a soft spot for his secretary~"

"I was only saving you from trouble and from rumors. You should be on your knees thanking me for saving you from having a one night with that bastard, or worse, facing the Tsaritsa."

"Yeah but you still helped..?"

"Well who else is going to do my paperwork then?! at first, yes, I was against you, BUT when I realised you can literally do all my work, then it wouldn't be so bad! I suggest you keep on your level and not place yourself of higher value!"

"Damn, well someone's got a mouth. But why not take some of your own advice and use it for yourself sometimes? I can barely fit in this room with that ego of yours!"

That angered Scaramouche. He stood from his desk and leaned over the desk, grabbing your collar and staring into your soul.

"You little-"

"Ey Fandango! Oh an hello there my favorite~ now what is going on here? Oi, Scaramouche stop flirting with my gal!"

You and Scaramouche looked at the ginger who had just entered the room. Scaramouche looked back at you, he took a deep breath and let go of your collar.

"Make sure to train her well, I don't want to hear any rumors."

"Ya ya, c'mon (y/n) we've got a day ahead of us!"

You got up and approached Childe. He smiled at you and you both left Scaramouches office to go to the training room.

Childe had been training you for some time now. It had a been about a week or so since you had that meeting with Scaramouche and started your training. The past week had been awfully stressful. Office work in the mornings and combat training during the night. You had gotten really strong with these past four days, thanks to the next techniques you were taught. Childe made you have a one on one fight with him to test your skills so far. To no surprise, you lost, like always, BUT you had gotten way better, and almost even defeated him, but he is one of the strongest so you weren't so close to defeating him either, YET. You were laying on the floor, catching your breath as Childe approached you, helping you get up.

"Good work today comrade! Go get some rest, it's late!"

He gently patted your back as you stood up and dusted yourself. You wished him a good night and headed back to your room.