In the middle of a desert - Chapter 10

You felt your foot being stepped on as you woke up and realised you had fallen asleep during the night. Wishing that Scaramouche hadn't woken up, you stood up only to be pushed back down. You looked up to only see the one and only, your boss Scaramouche. He looked into your eyes, heck! not into your eyes, your literal soul. He snickered as he rested his hand on his hip and raised his head a bit higher, still keeping his eyes on you.

"Couldn't even do a simple job...what are you even capable of if you can't do such a simple job as staying up all night and guarding. I would kill you right now but unfortunately you are the only other assistant... or guide accompaning me."

"But I-"

You were cut off as Scaramouche kicked you.

"Pack up and let's go."

He spat as he started walking towards the path to Liyue. You quickly gathered up your things and ran towards him, slowing down your pace as you approached him and once again, accompanying him towards Liyue.

You stopped before a beautiful yellow-gold gate as Scaramouche put his hand infront of you to stop you from walking onwards.

"As we are about the enter Liyue, there are three main rules you keep in mind:
1. NOBODY can know that you, neither me are apart of the Fatui.
2. You stick by my side and don't go anywhere else unless told to.
3. Stay aware of your surroundings.

Do you understand?"

"Ye ye"

"Excuse-"

"Yes boss"

"More like it."

"tiny fandango bitch"

You whispered to yourself rolling your eyes.
Scaramouche started walking and you followed him once again. He started talking about todays schedule as in what you were going to do and where you were going to go. You mostly blocked everything he was talking about out of your mind and just kept admiring your surroundings. Memories fludding in from when you were last here about half a month ago, collecting resources for your travels. If only maybe someone could recognize you, maybe you would be saved from this hell hole, maybe not.
As Scaramouche and you were waling through the town you spotted a big poster on one of the stair walls. You tracked the poster with your head, slowing down your walking pace as you read the poster.

"Seems like there will be a huge crowd of customers tonight, stating that there is a night market going on. Good spotting, for once you are actually useful!"

Scaramouche approved the poster and your notice of it. He pulled you to a nearby alleyway and crossed his arms, looking at you.

"H-huh..?"

"Our plans have changed, we are staying the night at Liyue since customers don't appear till later in the evening. It's currently...only 14.00(2pm). We have quite some time, we can stop by a few customers and then grab some lunch."

"Why not lunch firstttt, i'm starving! + doesn't it make more sense just to collect the fees from ghe customers later all together than rather separate right noww..!?"

"We can finish our work earlier that way, so stop complaining you lazy brat?!"

"Once you stop being an egoistic little shit!!!"