9(In the Shadows of Doubt)

(edited)Wednesday, 21st of December

(edited)

Wednesday, 21st of December

The room fell into a stunned silence as Draco processed my revelation. His hand ran anxiously over his face, searching for words in the chaos of emotions that unfolded.

"I'm pregnant with your child," I explained, the weight of the words hanging in the air.

"I'm sorry, but what? How? Are you sure it's mine? I can't have a kid! Let alone be a dad," Draco started to panic, pacing back and forth through the apartment.

"Draco, calm down. We will get through this," I tried to reassure him, though his panic fueled my own unease.

"We? Who's 'we'? I didn't sign up for this. I never asked you to get pregnant!" Draco's voice rose, and his freak-out sent a sharp pang through me.

The hurt cut deep. "How dare you. HOW DARE YOU, DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY! I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS EITHER, BUT I GUESS IT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX. DON'T BE FUCKING DUMB!" I screamed, letting out my frustration with a forceful hit to his chest. Tears streamed down both our faces, and the room echoed with the sound of our emotions.

The ensuing silence was deafening. We couldn't even bring ourselves to look at each other. Our minds raced, contemplating the uncertainties of our future for what felt like an agonizing hour.

"I'm in love," Draco finally broke the silence, his voice carrying an unexpected revelation.

"What?" I was bewildered, unsure of what he meant.

"Y/n, I'm in love with her. And this was not a part of my plan. Not for you to get pregnant with my child," he explained, an apologetic tone threading through the apartment.

"That's completely fine. I'm not asking you to marry me and be in the child's life. I just thought you should know that this is OUR child. No one should not know if they have a kid or not," I said, standing up and moving to his side of the compartment, taking a seat next to him.

"I have a doctor's appointment on December 28th. If you're interested in coming with me, you're welcome to join," I continued, reaching out to grab his hand.

"I-," he stammered.

"You don't have to give me an answer today. Just let me know before the appointment if you'd like to come," I smiled through the tears that had been running down my face for the past two hours.

"I might die due to these hormones. I cry over everything!" I laughed as I wiped the tears off my face.

"If I could ask... how's... what it's..." he struggled to find the right words.

"The baby?"

"Yeah. How's the baby and being pregnant?" he chuckled.

"I never thought I'd see you pregnant. Or even pregnant with my kid!" he laughed. I joined in, relieved to share a moment of levity amid the heaviness.