Day 164: All I Want For Christmas (Eddie)

The end of the year was fast approaching and with it the cold weather took over, it was now white with snow, and lights littered the homes of Hawkins

The end of the year was fast approaching and with it the cold weather took over, it was now white with snow, and lights littered the homes of Hawkins. It was a wonderful sight, something about this year, no the only thing about this year that made Christmas time so inviting was your Sarah.

She had been giggly and snuggling up to you as the cold howled outside. You longed for her warmth, those short moments of holding a notepad between the two of you as you talk about your future plans together. She would tell you about her fears of having her own children, you wanted to be the first to hold her through all her questions and pain, but you also had doubts of yourself as a parent.

The two of you both trying to take care of the other. There was one constant though; You loved her.

You didn't know how you thought anything else was love till you met Sarah.

The old memories of Christmas filled your mind. I've never been so nervous for Christmas, never so excited. Usually Wayne and I would go somewhere for dinner and then drink some much needed spiked hot chocolate while we watched an old holiday movie.

It had always been fine. This year though... you wanted to do everything... the tree, the kisses under the mistletoe... everything.

The week started off normally, Sarah waking up next to me in my bed and sharing breakfast

The week started off normally, Sarah waking up next to me in my bed and sharing breakfast. She wandered about the trailer and I thought to myself about how we might have our own home one day.

A home. Both of us had never had that stability until now. It's like the world brought us together to fill our hearts, help us find our places in this world. My place with her and her place with me.

She caught me staring at her, she smiled, and rushed over to kiss me. I savored those perfect sweet lips till she pulled from mine and signed, "Tomorrow is Christmas!"

I nodded and she kissed me again excitedly. We had big plans today, I wanted to show her a proper Christmas Eve, when she described her previous holidays... well I didn't think I could loathe that family any more, but she definitely proved me wrong.