Chapter twenty two

Chapter 22

Lord Farquaad POV

My eyes well up, and I look longingly as she runs from the castle. She spins her head and flips her hair, and as our eyes meet I reach my hand to hers but cannot reach! She turns and runs with her slave, running, running from me once again. Oh, how will I find a way to be by your side forevermore? How long will it take, how many times must I find you, only for you to escape my grasp time and time again. You torture me, my love. But I know this will be the last time we part. I know it.

Oh, how I long to be with her once more, I cannot bear to be apart from her now that I have met her! Her lovely, face her beaming eyes, her emerald crocs shining in the moonlight I must fight for her I must reach out! I run to the entrance, which is the most exercise I’ve done since struggling to squeeze out of my mother’s womb. “WAIT, YOU MUSTN’T LEAVE! NOT YET!” I bellow. Before me, only a couple steps away, a single croc glimmers in the starlight, her stanky sweat dripping along the inner sides of the shoe and shining like a silver knife yet it gives me life! Oh, thank you lord for this blessing of a gift! I tug it from the wood and splinters envelop my hands. I seek the fair maiden but she is not found. She has long departed, and I am left alone once more apart from the 1000+ maidens that await my presence behind my back. “OH, FAIR MAIDEN, I SHALL FIND THEE! ONLY ONE FOOT SHALL FIT THIS CROCK AND IT SHALL BE YOURS, I PROMISE YOU WE WILL REUNITE AND LIVE A HAPPY LIFE, I SHALL SEARCH DAY AND NIGHT WITHOUT REST AND FIND THE MAIDEN WHO FITS THIS SHOE BEST!”.