Chapter four

CHAPTER 4

“Ah, faggot, you have returned for my knowledge, have you not?” The mirror speaks knowingly, as if reading my mind.
“How did you know that?” I ask, panic overtaking me. Even the thought that he can read my mind is unsettling. Does that mean he knows all my darkest secrets? My dirtiest thoughts? All the horrid, unsanitary things I’ve done-

“’Cause it’s the only reason you ever come here, mate. It gets lonely sometimes. But now that you’re here I think I'd rather be locked away forever.”
“You flatter me” I reply sarcastically. I have searched for days, but my princess is yet to be found. You’re a knowledgeable fellow, what shall I do?”
I watch and wait as the magic mirror thinks. God, he looks sexy when he thinks.
“Gather all the maidens in one spot. It’ll be easier to find the ‘love of your life’ if you don’t have to search half the damn world.”
“YOU’RE A BLOODY GENIOUS.”
“I know right?”

“Mirror mirror before me, show me the maiden I dream to see.”
“Nice rhyming.”
The mirror’s reflection shifts into the image of my love. Oh, how beautiful she is, posing seductively in the middle of a random, nicely decorated corridor. Her jaundice-yellow hair glistening in the candlelight, her baby blue eyes also glistening in the candlelight, but not nearly as blue as me. I am reminded of how long it has taken to find her, and it only upsets me more. I gaze longingly at my beloved Dracella, wishing, hoping, praying that one day we WILL meet.

Her mint green dress is one of a kind, made up of many layers of the finest of silks, and enveloped in a layer of glittered sheer fabric. There are horses and pumpkins imprinted neatly onto the bottom of the skirt, and a beautiful pendant of a green rose lays flat on her flat chest. Looking down, I notice a prime detail of her outfit: Emerald Crocs. On any ordinary girl, they’d look horrid. but on this girl, they are absolutely stunning. She is elegant. She is graceful. She is perfect.

“U done drooling over tha femboy yet?”
I snap back to reality. I then remember the whole reason I came here in the first place, and me and the mirror concoct a plan.
“How about a concert. My musical talent is on point!” I suggest, but the mirror looks displeased.
“Do I really gotta do everything around here? A BALL, MATE. We ARE in the time period in which balls are quite popular among the rich. If you used your massive head maybe you’d already get bitches.”
“I’VE GOT IT! A BALL!”
The mirror sighs, piqued by my ‘asininity.’ I do not know what that means so I ignore him and continue. “Only the fairest of maidens shall attend. No- only the fairest of maidens who possess a green dress shall attend!” I look to the air triumphantly cause my big brain is so swaggers.
The mirror seems mildly impressed, but that shifts to disappointment. “That’s the smartest thing you’ve said your whole life innit.”