26: are you blushing?

~oh! darling - the beatles~

BARB FINALLY GOT A FUNERAL.

After Eleven had closed the gate and shut Hawkins lab down for good, Nancy and Jonathan released the things that they had uncovered about the lab to the public, resulting in them admitting to playing a part in both Barbs death and it's coverup.

Jen had attended the funeral, Steve, Nancy, and Jonathan all beside her as well. She didn't cry.

Now, Christmas time was approaching and the air was beginning to get colder. Even better, her brother was going to his middle school dance later that night.

"Hey, Matty, want me to teach you how to dance?" Jen asked from the kitchen, watching as her father helped him tie his tie.

"Shut up, Jen!" Matt snapped, his cheeks turning red.

Paul finished tying the blue tie Matt had on before ruffling his hair playfully.

"You know, you could use some lessons," Paul admitted, turning and walking towards the fridge.

"What?" Matt asked, his forehead crinkled in confusion. "I thought you said my dancing was good?"

"Well, I mean, it is good," Paul told his son, nodding his head.

Paul then turned so that his back was facing his son before looking at Jen with wide eyes and a shake of his head.

"Want me to do your hair?" Amanda asked, entering the kitchen suddenly.

"No!" Matt exclaimed. "I like it just how it is. Jen, can we just go?"

Jen rolled her eyes playfully before grabbing her keys from the counter and following her brother to the front door.

"Hang on!" Amanda exclaimed, following after her kids. "Picture!"

Matt let out a loud groan before turning and facing his mother. He didn't bother smiling for the picture, and as soon as he saw the flash go off, he turned around to get on his shoes.

"Have fun, okay, sweetie?" Amanda said, smiling at her son.

"Yeah, and don't kiss too many chicks, son," Paul warned, sending a wink towards Matt. "Just kidding, I don't care,"

"Paul," Amanda warned.

"Matt, have fun," Paul said, glancing at his wife. "Dance your ass off. Remember the moves I showed you,"