11: demogorgon

~burning down the house - talking heads~

BREAKING INTO THE POLICE STATION WAS NERVE WRACKING, to say the least

BREAKING INTO THE POLICE STATION WAS NERVE WRACKING, to say the least. Well, it was for Jonathan and Nancy, anyway. Jennifer stayed in the drivers seat of the car in case the trio needed a quick getaway.

They didn't.

When the other two returned to the car, Jonathan forced Jennifer to leave the drivers seat before taking off and heading towards the Byers house. They skidded to a stop in front of the house, resulting in Jen to grab onto the back of Nancys seat.

"Oh yeah, but you're the better driver," she muttered, rolling her eyes.

Jonathan ignored her comment before getting out of the car and heading to the trunk. Nancy handed her the fire extinguisher, and together, the three hauled everything into the house.

First, they started with the Christmas lights. They had to put the covers back on each light because, for some reason, they had been taken off.

Jennifer didn't know how they came up with the plan, but they somehow devised a perfect one on how to take down the demogorgon. It took a while to set up, but when it finally was, Jennifer couldn't help but smile.

"Are we ready?" she asked, watching her two friends re-enter the living room.

The other two glanced at each other before nodding. Jonathan left Nancys side and grabbed three steak knives from the kitchen, handing one to each girl.

"Remember-,"

"Straight into Wills room. And-," Nancy started.

"Don't step on the trap," Jen finished.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move..."

"Then-," Jonathan flicked open his lighter, directing both girls attention to the flame. "All right,"

"Ready?" he asked, glancing between Nancy and Jen.

"Ready," Nancy confirmed.

Jonathan looked at Jen, his eyebrows raised.

"Ready," she nodded, her eyebrows furrowed in anticipation.

At this, all three teens brought the knives to their hands, Jens shaking a little more than the other two.

"On three," Jonathan decided. "One... two... Look, you don't have to do this-,"

"Jonathan, stop talking," Nancy shook her head, closing her eyes slightly.

"I'm just saying, you guys don't have to-,"

"Three!" Jen exclaimed, squeezing her eyes shut and dragging the knife across her hand.

Immediately, the cut started to burn. She dropped the knife and grabbed the cut with her other hand, trying anything to stop the pain.

"Fuck!" she exclaimed, ignoring the blood dripping from her hand. "Shit! Jonathan my blood is getting on your carpet!"