1: eric scott

~cruel summer - bananarama~

JENNIFER MARSHALL LAID ON HER BED WITH HER PALE PINK PHONE TO HER EAR, twirling the cord between her fingers

JENNIFER MARSHALL LAID ON HER BED WITH HER PALE PINK PHONE TO HER EAR, twirling the cord between her fingers. She was currently on the phone with her best friend, Nancy Wheeler, talking about the other girl's current love interest, Steve Harrington.

"Oh, come on, Nance!" Jennifer exclaimed, rolling her eyes. "Steve Harrington is the definition of a douchebag!"

"You don't know him like I do, Jen," Nancy argued, her voice desperate. "He's sweet!"

Jennifer scoffed slightly and shook her head. "Sweet my ass," she muttered. "I'm just saying you can do so much better,"

"Oh yeah?" Nancy asked. "What, better like Eric Scott?"

Jen's cheeks flushed red and her eyes widened. She had recently gotten into a non-official relationship with Eric Scott, who was a senior at Hawkins High.

"I didn't tell you about that," she whispered. "How do you even know about that?"

She had thought she had done a good job of concealing her new relationship with Eric Scott, but, obviously, she hadn't.

"Oh, please," Nancy laughed. "He drives you home everyday, Jen!"

Jennifer turned onto her side and groaned into the phone.

"Oh, whatever," she scoffed. "I'm going to bed,"

"Sweet dreams," Nancy drawled.

Jen blew into the phone loudly before putting it back onto its respective spot on her nightstand. She shook her head with a smile before shutting off her lamp and going to sleep.

*

"Why are you in such a hurry?"

Amanda Marshall looked at her daughter from across the table, her eyebrows furrowed.

Jennifer stopped chewing for a moment and looked at her mom, shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm not," she denied. "Just hungry,"

Amanda nodded while turning away, obviously not buying the teen's lie. Before she could question her, however, the house phone began to ring, causing the woman to get up from her seat.

Jennifer took this as her chance to leave, dropping her toast on her plate and getting up quickly. She grabbed her backpack from the ground and started for the door.

"See you later!" she yelled over her shoulder.

She swung open the door and made her way down the driveway, trying to get to the red car on the street before her parents could notice.