24: billy

~shoot to thrill - ac/dc~

WHEN MATT HAD FINALLY GOTTEN OVER SEEING HIS SISTER KISS THE CHEEK OF STEVE HARRINGTON, Mike had brought up concerns of his own

"Mike, would you just stop already?" Lucas asked, referring to the boys constant pacing.

"You weren't in there, okay, Lucas?" Mike snapped, stopping in his tracks. "That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs!"

"DEMO-DOGS!" Dustin called from the kitchen.

"The chief will take care of her!" Lucas argued.

"Like she needs protection," Max mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Listen, dude, a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. All right?" Steve interjected, wiping his hands off on a towel.

"Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game. And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench," Mike argued.

"Okay, Mike, not the point," Jennifer told him, her hands on her hips.

"Right, that's... yeah, we're on the bench, so, uh, there's nothing we can do," Steve continued, throwing his towel over his shoulder.

"That's not entirely true. I mean, these Demo-dogs, they have a hive mind," Dustin started, looking up at Steve and Jen. "When they ran away from the bus, they were called away,"

"So, if we get their attention..." Lucas began.

"Maybe we can draw them away from the lab," Max said, looking up at Lucas.

"And clear a path to the gate," Mike finished.

"Yeah, and then we all die!" Steve interrupted, his voice raised.

"That's one point of view," Dustin said.

"No, that's not a point of view, man," Steve shook his head. "That's a fact,"

"Steve's right, you guys," Jen added. "We're safe here,"

"You're just saying that because you want to suck his face off!" Matt told her, crossing his arms.

"Alright, Matthew, unless you want your ass beaten-,"

"I got it!" Mike suddenly exclaimed, cutting off Jennifer's threat.

He pushed his way out of the living room and back into the kitchen where he crouched in front of one of the drawings that were plastered across the house.

"This is where the chief dug his hole," Mike said, pointing at the drawings. "This is our way into the tunnel. So..."

Mike got up again and began moving across the house again, using the tunnel drawings to guide him.

"Here, right here. This is like a hub," Mike said, standing on top of a large cluster of drawings. "So you got all the tunnels feeding in here. Maybe if we set this on fire-,"