15: i want you

~i want you (she's so heavy) - the beatles~

IT HAD BEEN AT LEAST AN HOUR SINCE JENNIFER'S ENCOUNTER WITH THE DEVIL HIMSELF, and she had since become absolutely sloshed

IT HAD BEEN AT LEAST AN HOUR SINCE JENNIFER'S ENCOUNTER WITH THE DEVIL HIMSELF, and she had since become absolutely sloshed. Nancy and her were a giggling mess, slapping each other with loud laughs whenever the other would say something.

"Hang on, I need another drink," Nancy decided, pushing off from the wall and stumbling towards the kitchen. "Stay,"

Jennifer stayed for a few minutes, tapping her foot impatiently, when she finally decided to go find her friend herself.

"Nancy?" she called, looking around hurriedly. "Nancy!"

Soon, she spotted Steve standing outside the bathroom door, a worried look on his face. Jennifer made her way over and tapped Steve on the shoulder.

"Stevie? What're you doing?" she asked, nodding towards the door.

"Nancy spilled some booze all over her shirt," he explained, crossing his arms. "Now she won't let me in,"

"Nancy!" Jennifer exclaimed, pounding on the door. "Nancyyyyy! Let me innnnn-,"

Jennifer fell forward as the door opened, revealing a very miserable looking Nancy Wheeler.

"What do you want, Jennifer?" Nancy slurred, her hand on the door.

Jennifer ignored her question and pushed into the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

"Nancy, what happened?" she pouted, looking down at the red stain on her shirt.

Nancy ignored her friend and turned to the sink, sloppily wetting a washcloth. She began to rub it against her front, trying to clear the red the best she could in her drunken state.

"Just- G-go home, Jenny," she snapped, her speech slurred. "Or go screw around with Billy some more,"

Jennifer's eyebrows furrowed in anger and she looked at her friend in confusion.

"Nancy-,"

"Or Eric," Nancy continued, causing Jennifer to step back in disbelief. "Not like you haven't done him before,"

"Nancy, what the fuck?" Jennifer exclaimed, stepping backwards. "What has gotten into you?"

Jennifer had been completely sobered up at Nancys words. She couldn't believe her best friend was talking to her like this. She was slut-shaming her.

"You know those rumours aren't true," Jennifer continued, her patience running out.

"Do I?" Nancy challenged, not looking away from the mirror.

"Fuck you, Nancy," Jennifer spat, turning and pulling the door open. "Fuck you,"

Steve was still stationed outside the door, and when he saw Jennifer, he grabbed ahold of her arm.