19: bears and dogs

~black dog - led zeppelin~

STEVE HAD TRIED TO KEEP HIS VOICE AS LOW AS POSSIBLE WHEN TELLING DUSTIN ABOUT HIS FARRAH FAWCETT SPRAY, but, somehow, Jennifer had still heard him

"Oh, my god!" she exclaimed, spinning around. "Farrah Fawcett spray?"

Dustin had begun to laugh as well and Steve looked between the two, his mouth slightly open.

"Yeah, Farrah Fawcett," he grumbled before turning towards Dustin with his finger raised. "You tell anyone I just told you that and your ass is grass. You're dead, Henderson. You understand?"

Dustin nodded his head for a second before slowly turning to look at Jennifer, a small smile on his face. Jennifer's mouth spread into a smile before she burst out laughing, Dustin joining in.

"I cannot believe you use Farrah Fawcett spray," she laughed, walking back so that she was beside Steve. "You know, I have some at home if you want to share,"

"Okay, yeah, haha," Steve rolled his eyes, beginning to walk again. "Laugh all you want Jen,"

"Farrah Fawcett," Jennifer repeated, shaking her head.

"I mean, she's hot," Steve shrugged.

Jennifer rolled her eyes at this, resulting in Steve sending her a slight smirk.

After walking for another hour, the trio finally reached the junkyard that Dustin had been talking about. Now, they stood at the end of it, looking around.

"Oh, yeah," Steve nodded. "Yeah, this'll do,"

"Oh yeah? It'll do?" Jennifer mocked, smiling at Steve as she walked off.

Steve threw his arms up in confusion as he watched her walk away. "Do you have to make fun of everything I do?" he complained, following after her.

"Of course I do," she replied. "Farrah,"

The boys laid out another trail of meat before stopping in the middle of the yard and dumping out the rest, leaving a good sized pile.

"I said medium-well!"

Jennifer furrowed her eyebrows when she noticed Lucas standing next to his bike and waving. Standing next to him was a red-headed girl, her hands in her pockets.

"Who's that?" Steve asked, voicing her thoughts.

Jennifer scanned over Dustin's face and, based on his expression, this was the girl he was telling Steve about. Steve and Jen exchanged a knowing glance with each other as Lucas and the girl got closer, both feeling bad for Dustin.

"Jennifer!" Lucas smiled, approaching the girl and sticking up his hand.

"What's up, Lucas?" Jennifer smiled, giving the younger boy a high five.