21: spy

~more than a feeling - boston~

WHEN THE GROUP HAD ARRIVED AT THE BYERS HOUSE, Jennifer was completely filled in by her brother about what had happened with him and his friends at the lab

Jen had come to learn that a piece of the upside down had stayed inside of Will, controlling him. She also learned that he was somewhat of a spy, meaning that they had to keep him knocked out if they wanted to keep their location a secret from the mini-demogorgons. She also learned that Joyce's boyfriend, Bob, had fallen victim to the demogorgons.

Hopper had tried to get a hold of someone that could potentially come to help them, but to no avail. After hanging up the phone with a scowl, he turned to face the group in the kitchen.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asked.

"We'll see," he replied.

"We'll see?! We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" Mike snapped.

"We stay here, and we wait for help," Hopper said, his voice firm.

Hopper looked around at the kids once more before turning and walking away from the room, leaving them sitting in silence. Jennifer crossed the room so that she could stand next to Steve. She then rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes slightly. Steve shifted slightly and brought his arm around her shoulders.

If she was being honest, Jen was exhausted from the events that had happened that day. She had walked who knows how many miles and carried how many pieces of heavy metal. And, she sliced off a monsters head.

She glanced up at the phone hanging on the wall ahead of her before biting her lip.

"I should probably call my parents," she said, moving away from Steve. "Considering I've been missing for a day,"

She crossed the room to the phone before dialling in their house phone number. It rang a few times before
her mother picked up.

"Joyce?" her mothers voice asked. "Are the kids there with you? Are they safe?"

"Mom, hey," Jen greeted, cringing as she waited for the yelling that was about to begin.

"Jen!" Amanda exclaimed. "Where the hell have you been?"

"I'll explain it all later, I promise," Jen told her. "Me and Matt are safe, okay?"

"Jennifer, we're going to come and get you-,"

"No! Mom, don't do that," Jen pleaded. "Just stay at home, okay? Please,"

Amanda inhaled deeply on the other side of the phone and Jen tapped her foot nervously. She didn't need to have her parents in the path of danger as well.

"Fine," Amanda said after an excruciatingly long silence."Fine. But you bet your ass you're gonna be grounded when you get home,"

"Yes, I know," Jen nodded, rolling her eyes. "I have to go, okay? I love you,"