8: right hooks

~crazy train - ozzy osbourne~

THE NEXT MORNING, Jennifer was woken up by loud knocking on her door

THE NEXT MORNING, Jennifer was woken up by loud knocking on her door. The doorknob rattled obnoxiously because Jennifer still had it locked from the night before.

"Jennifer, open up!"

Jennifer opened her eyes confusedly when she heard Nancys voice from the other side of the door. She got up from her bed and swung open the door, surprised to see both Nancy and Jonathan standing in the hallway.

"Get dressed," she demanded. "We're going on a bit of a field trip,"

Jennifer rubbed the sleep from her eyes for a second before letting go of her door and walking back into her room. She grabbed some clothes before quickly getting changed in the bathroom down the hall. She put on a small amount of makeup, put her hair in a low ponytail and met Nancy and Jonathan back out in the hallway.

"Lead the way," she said, smiling.

Nancy and Jonathan both went down the stairs and towards the door. Jennifer called out a quick goodbye before slamming the door behind her and following Nancy to Jonathan's car.

"So, what are we doing?" she asked.

She leaned in between the two front seats and looked between Nancy and Jonathan.

"Okay, so we have a theory," Nancy started. "We think that maybe this thing is attracted to blood, like a shark,"

Nancy then told Jennifer the entire story of what had happened the previous night, leaving out the fact that Jonathan had slept in her bed with her.

"So you want to lure this thing? To us?" Jennifer asked, her eyebrows raised.

Nancy nodded. "Yes. That's where we're going," she explained. "For supplies,"

The trio pulled up to a hunting store and Nancy immediately got out of the car, starting for the front doors straight away. Jennifer scrambled away from the car and followed her friend into the store where Nancy shoved a shopping basket into her hands.

Jennifer shrugged her shoulders before starting to walk through the aisles. Nothing really caught her attention until she noticed a large machete on one of the shelves. She picked it up and inspected it, smiling as she did so.

"Hey, Nance," she called, catching the other girl's attention. "Wouldn't this be badass?" she asked.

Nancy smiled slightly and walked over, looking over the large weapon in her friend's hands.

"Is that what you're worried about?" she questioned. "Looking badass?"

"Well, if I'm going to die, I might as well look cool doing it," she shrugged. "Ooh!"

Jennifer looked back at the shelf and noticed a leather strap with a place for a machete in it. She threw it over her head so that the storage part of it was at the back before sliding the machete in it.