5: girls on film

~ girls on film - duran duran~

TEARS STREAMED DOWN JENNIFER'S FACE AS SHE WALKED DOWN THE SIDEWALK, her arms wrapped around herself tightly

TEARS STREAMED DOWN JENNIFER'S FACE AS SHE WALKED DOWN THE SIDEWALK, her arms wrapped around herself tightly. She couldn't believe that Eric had done that to her. She should've listened to Barb.

She put her sweater back on, trying to hide the shirt that Eric had given her. While walking up her driveway, she tried to wipe the tears from her face in case anybody was still up.

She swung open the door quietly and slipped off her shoes. She tiptoed up the stairs and closed herself into her room, sighing a breath of relief as she did so.

click

Jennifer's lights turned on instantly and she put her hand over her heart while spinning around.

Sitting on her bed, was Matt.

"Matt!" she whisper-yelled. "What the hell are you doing?"

Matt glanced down at his wrist, checking his watch.

"Wasn't your curfew 10:00?" he asked. "It's 1 am Jen,"

Jennifer took off her sweater and hung it on her door, shaking her head at her brother.

"You can't turn this on me, Matt," Jen said, keeping her voice low. "Don't forget that you snuck out a couple days ago,"

"I just want to know where you were," he said simply. "Obviously you didn't go to Wills ceremony,"

Jen groaned before collapsing on her bed, only wanting to go to sleep.

"Were you with Eric Scott?"

Jennifer's eyes snapped open and she looked at Matt with furrowed eyebrows.

"How do you know about that?" she asked.

"I'm friends with Mike and you're friends with Nancy," Matt rolled his eyes. "Mike knows everything,"

Jennifer rubbed her eyes tiredly, not wanting to talk to her brother any longer.

"Alright, yeah, I was with Eric Scott," she admitted. "Why do you care?"

Matt got up from the bed, a smug smile on his face.

"I don't," he said, about to leave. His smile suddenly dropped, however, when he got a better look at Jennys face. "Were you crying?"

Jennifer looked up at Matt and quickly wiped her face, trying to rid all evidence of tears.

"What? No," she denied, shaking her head.

"Did Eric hurt you?" Matt asked, looking at his older sister with worry.

Jen got up from her bed before pulling Matt into a quick hug, placing a kiss on the top of his head.

"Go to bed, Matt," she said. "You don't need to worry about me,"

She tried to open her door and push Matt out but he pushed back, his eyebrows furrowed in anger.