14: keg king

~like a virgin - madonna~

"YOU'RE WEARING YOUR COSTUME TO SCHOOL?" Jennifer asked through a mouthful of pancakes

Matt, who was dressed as a ghostbuster, turned to his sister and nodded, a confused look on his face.

"Yeah?" he answered, furrowing his eyebrows. "It's Halloween, idiot,"

"Hey," Amanda warned, turning from the stove and pointing her spatula at her son. "Don't think just because you look adorable I won't slap you,"

Matt rolled his eyes and picked up a pancake, shoving it into his mouth whole.

"Am I driving you today?" Jen asked, looking at her brother as she got up from the table. "If so, hurry it up,"

"No, I'm riding my bike today," Matt told the girl, shoving more pancakes into his mouth. "So, buh-bye,"

Jennifer rolled her eyes before picking her backpack up off of the floor and slapping her brother on the back of his head. She ignored the yells from both her mother and brother as she closed the door and got into her car.

As soon as she started her car, she blasted the heat. Since it was the end of October in Indiana, things were really starting to get cold. She was surprised it hadn't snowed yet.

Steve's mixtape began to play and Jennifer nodded her head along to each song that came on. Soon, the school came into view and she pulled into her usual parking spot, soon noticing the blue Camaro parked in the stall next to it.

Jennifer turned off the ignition before getting out of her car, noticing the blonde-headed boy still sitting in his own car, smoking a cigarette. When her car door slammed, his head snapped up and he caught sight of the girl. As she walked past his car, he put out his cigarette before getting out of his car and falling into step next to her.

Jennifer looked up in confusion before noticing who it was that was next to her, causing her cheeks to flush red.

"Hey, uh, I'm Billy," he greeted, sticking his hand out. "Billy Hargrove,"

Jennifer slipped her hand into his and shook it for a second, a smile on her face. "I'm Jennifer Marshall," she replied. "You're new, right?"

"Yeah, yeah," he confirmed, nodding his head. "Hey, you going to that party tonight?"

Jennifer bit her lip as the two reached the front doors. "Uh, yeah, I think so," she said, looking up at Billy.

Billy smirked slightly before opening the door for the girl. "Good, good," he nodded. "Hope to see you there,"

Jennifer smiled one last time before turning around to find her locker, her eyes wide as she did so. When she got to her locker, she was glad to see that Nancy was already there.

"Nancy, you know that new kid?" she immediately asked, causing Nancy to nod. "He just came up to me and introduced himself. And said he hoped to see me at the party tonight!"