Chapter 34🖤

Glass animals-heat waves
James Arthur-rewrite the stars

Anna's Pov

"Hey bab..." I glare at Brandon before he can finish his sentence. "sorry hey Riann" he quickly adds.

"Orianna sounds okay" I say.

"Yeah but I prefer Riann, my Riann" he mutters the last part but I heard him.

"Five minutes and counting" I say, giving him a bored look.

"okay okay, I wanted to talk to you."He says moving closer to me, and I take a step back to create more space.

" Well that's why we are here, right? "I say.

" Riann I really am sorry, I have no idea what I was thinking. I knew it from the first time I saw you that you were too good for me. I date girls for fun but with you I learned that I take advantage of other people's feelings and it's wrong. I really liked you and I still do, but I understand that you probably hate me now. You taught me so much, you taught me to care, you made me smile despite everything. You took me for me, not to be seen with thee Brandon. I'm so sorry for being a shitty boyfriend, I'm so sorry. " Brandon says, he looks so sincere it's almost like I am looking at someone else, without thinking I hug him and he hugs me back tightly.

" Who wrote that for you? "I tease him as I pull away. He laughs and I smile.

" Come on babe, give me some credit"

"You sounded cheesy" I tease.

"Ouch Riann that hurts the love struck cheesy guy," he fakes hurt, wiping a fake tear.

"year right" I playfully roll my eyes.

"You know Brandon I read so many novels and sometimes want to have a love story like in the novels. After us I noticed that the struggle is real, my life is not a novel but I want you to know something..." I say.

"yeah?" Brandon says.

"Well I know that you expect me to say we can fix things" He nods. "but we can't and we won't" His smile falters at my words but he doesn't say anything, so I continue.

"Brandon you are who you are and I don't want you to change yourself for me. I'm not Tessa from After. I won't stick around to fix you only to lose myself in the process, maybe just maybe we might find our way back to each other in the future. Until then I'm sorry but I can't be with you, I'm really sorry. "I finish with tears streaming down my cheeks and Brandon wipes them.

" You have nothing to apologize for, I'm sorry I wasn't your Hardin" he says.

"You were more than my hardin, you were my Zed, my Trevor and my Noah."

"I had no idea Tessa had other men in her life, she sounded innocent" he says confused.

"Well she loved Hardin only, those other guys wanted her." I explain.

"Oh" he says and looks at our entertwined hands. He brings my hand to his lips and places a soft kiss.

"So I guess this is good bye?" he gives a sad smile.

"Yep, but we'll see each other at school, right"

"Yeah, bye Riann" he gives me a smile, showcasing his dimples. Oh how I'm going to miss those.

"Bye Brandon Jones" I reach on my toes and kiss his cheek and give him a smile.

With that i make my way out of what Brandon and I had, perhaps for good and I know I made the right decision.

Author's note

Isn't is sad? But hey she chose herself, make yourself a priority. Poverty and novels🖤spread love.