Chapter Twenty-Eight: Bewildered

Sizhui stood awkwardly in front of Jin Ling. All his confidence vanished in thin air.

Jin Ling waited for him to say a word for so long. He had enough now.

“What happened to the smart mouth? Are you being nervous around me now?“ Jin Ling asked, teasing the latter a little bit.

Sizhui coughed as he tried to ease his blushing face. He is not like Lan Wangji who only gets his ears red.

“When… when did you get your memories back?“ He asked. He felt really embarrassed of how he acted when Jin Ling didn't have his memories yet.

Jin Ling sighed as he let out a smug smile. “If I didn't tell you about my memories, would you still act like how you did back then?“ He asked.

Sizhui looked at Jin Ling in the eyes. He felt his heart beating as fast as possible. “Well, it depends. Which Sizhui do you prefer?“ He asked back.

Jin Ling marched a step closer to Sizhui. He then pointed his finger on Sizhui's left chest—where his heart was located.

“I prefer the real Sizhui. I don't want any Sizhui that your mind created for me. I want the one that your heart created,” He gently said.

Sizhui smiled softly at Jin Ling. He grabbed his hand that was on his chest. “You are really a flirt. How come I know about this just now?“ He teased, leaving a kiss on Jin Ling's hand.

Jin Ling's face reddened. He couldn't find any words. His mind went blank as his heart started picking up pace.

Sizhui laughed. He didn't want to make Jin Ling this flustered. He took a step back, but didn't leave his hand.

“We should probably go back to Jingyi and Zizhen… They must be waiting for us,” Jin Ling said.

“Mhn? Are you trying to run away from me?“ Sizhui asked. His eyes showed adoration for Jin Ling—a soft glimmering eyes.

Jin Ling removed his hand from Sizhui's and gently smacked the latter on the arm. “Come on… If I had to run away, I wouldn't be here,” He said.

Sizhui nodded, both hands behind his back. “True, true. Then what is the reason that you didn't run away? Why are you here, with me, all alone?“ He asked.

“Why are you asking this? You already know the reason,” Jin Ling said, flustered by Sizhui's behaviour.

Sizhui cupped Jin Ling's cheeks with his hands. “I wish I realised how much I love you sooner. I wouldn't have waste so much time then,” He said.

Jin Ling grabbed Sizhui's hands that were on his cheeks. “We didn't waste any time, Sizhui. I'm still here with you. We are by each other's sides. That's all that matters,” He explained.

Sizhui smiled softly. “I just wish that we can get out of here faster. I want to live in peace with you,” He informed.

“That will definitely happen. That's my promise to me,”

*

Jingyi kept smacking Zizhen at the back of his head, despite of how much the latter protests.

“You couldn't tell me that you remember everything? You had to keep me waiting?“ Jingyi asked, landing another smack on the head.

Zizhen grimaced in pain. “Jingyi! Will you keep hitting me or can I even talk now?“ He asked.

Jingyi frowned and crossed his arms. “Talk then,” He announced.

“I was going to tell you but then, I cut my hand! Before I could even say anything, Li Jie and Ye Xiang walked in and then, the whole incident with Xiumin happened!“ Zizhen explained.