Chapter fourteen: Who?

Yay! I finally updated! Hehe.. sorry for the super late update!

I kinda feel like I changed the meaning of MDZS way too much—
__________________________________________

Jingyi was sitting near the lake when someone appeared him.

"Jingyi,"

The Lan turned around and saw Li Jie. He moved a bit and made some space for the latter.

"What brings you here?" He asked, looking at the peaceful lake.

Li Jie seemed to be a bit tensed. "Listen..." He started, hesitantly, "I don't mean to judge anyone but..."

Jingyi turned his head towards him. "What are you talking about?" He asked.

Li Jie took a deep breath before he continue talking. "I feel like Zizhen wasn't the one who sent us back in the past," He said.

Jingyi frowned. "Are you high or something?" He said, "What do you mean by he wasn't the one?"

Li Jie sighed as he continued talking. "Listen, I think there's a tra—"

"Hey! You two pieces of shit! We are leaving for Gusu soon!" Xiumin yelled from a distance.

Jingyi looked at the intruder and groaned. "That boy has no sense of timing, Li Jie?" He said, looking at the other boy.

Li Jie frowned, looking at Xiumin. He wasn't paying attention to Jingyi.

Is he...

"Li Jie!" Jingyi yelled, shaking the boy.

The latter woke up from his thoughts and looked at Jingyi. "Sorry, I zoned out a bit. What were you saying?" He said, apologetically.

Jingyi rolled his eyes. "I said that Xiumin has no sense of timing, don't you think so?" He rephrased himself.

Li Jie nodded, agreeing with Jingyi. "Yeah, right..." He said, "Unless..."

"Hm? Unless? What were you saying?" Jingyi asked.

Li Jie shook his head. "Nothing, nothing. It's nothing. Let's get going now before the others leave us behind," He said, getting up and landing his hand for Jingyi.

Jingyi took the hand and got up with his help. "Yeah," He said, sighing, "I won't get to eat any chicken wings anymore."

Li Jie laughed.

"Where are we?" Jin Ling asked, looking around confusingly.

Sizhui and Jin Ling were in the middle of a forest.

Sizhui smiled brightly as he said, "When I was still young, Papa used to bring me!"

He clapped his hands twice in different directions and rhyme.

The surroundings changed to a beautiful waterfall.

"This is the mirror forest!" Sizhui exclaimed.

Jin Ling looked at his surroundings in awe.

"The tales say that this forest shows your true intentions like a mirror! Nothing can hide from it," Sizhui continued.

Jin Ling nodded, slowly. "That sounds interesting," He said.

Sizhui chuckles. "But tales are tales. It hasn't been proven," He said back.

CLACK

A small noise made the surrounding go back to normal.