Chapter Eight: The Past Ones Pt2

"How dare that boy reject my daughter?!" Wen Xiaomi's father yelled in anger.

After Wen Xiaomi knew about Lan Wanglei and Jiang Yusheng, she immediately informed his father.

"Bring Lan Wanglei and Jiang Yusheng here!" Her father commanded, glaring at everyone.

Wen Xiaomi sighed. "Father, he doesn't love me and I don't want to be in a loveless relationship too," She said.

Her father turned towards her daughter and said, "I think I'm spoiling you too much! Everyone knows about your wedding with that Lan! I can't afford my reputation to go in ruin just because he doesn't love you!"

Wen Xiaomi looked at her father in anger. "Dad, are you even listening to yourself now?! Lan Wanglei loves someone else and Jiang Yusheng loves him too! I don't know if you support this kind of relationship but I'm not marrying him!" She said.

"Listen, it's not about supporting! To be honest, this kind of relationship is as normal as a girl and a boy's relationship but my reputation is at stake and you will marry him! If you don't, you can say goodbye to your mother!" Her father yelled.

"Dad! Just because of your reputation, I'm not going to ruin my life! It's not only about my life now! There's three lives at stake!" Wen Xiaomi yelled back, "And what do you mean about saying goodbye to my mother?"

"Simple, if you don't marry him, I'll kill your mother," Her father said, in a plain voice.

Wen Xiaomi's eyes widened. "Father, you can't do that!" She said.

"I can and I will," Her father said, "It's in your hand now. Marry him or be the cause of your mother's death."

Wen Xiaomi looked at her father in disgust. "You are a monster, Father," She said, as tears blurred her eyes.

She then ran to her room, wiping her eyes aggressively.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, Lan Wanglei and Jiang Yusheng were taking a stroll in the market.

"This place is so noisy. Why did you bring me here?" Jiang Yusheng asked, irritatingly.

Lan Wanglei grinned as he said, "You behave like a Lan. Maybe because you are a soon-to-be Lan."

Jiang Yusheng smacked his boyfriend on the head.

Lan Wanglei pouted as he said, "I'd rather prefer a kiss than a smack."

Jiang Yusheng glared at him. "Shut up!" He said, as he felt the heat on his face.

Lan Wanglei bursted into laughter. "Okay, okay. I brought you here because I like the noisy environment," He said, stealing a peck from his soon-to-be husband's cheek.

Jiang Yusheng gasped as he hit his boyfriend on his shoulder.

"Did you just hit me?" Lan Wanglei said, teasingly. He moved closer to Jiang Yusheng with a small smirk on his face.

"S...Stop, we are in public," Jiang Yusheng said, trying to stop Lan Wanglei from walking using his hands.

Lan Wanglei removed Jiang Yusheng's hands from his chest with one hand as he lifted his chin with the other hand.

"Who cares?" Lan Wanglei said, brushing his lips on Jiang Yusheng's lips, "Now can I kiss you?"

Jiang Yusheng chuckled as he put his arms behind his boyfriend's neck and closed the gap between them by finally kissing the latter.

Some people who were passing by either gasped or brushed them off by the amount of intimacy the young couple was showing.

Young love.