Chapter Eleven: The Lan and The Jiang Pt1

Hello, long time no see. Sorry for not updating. For the last two days, my life has been very hectic. I met a guy who was really homophobic and he kept saying those kind of words that made me really uncomfortable and update.

I'm sorry for not updating. I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's not too long but still, enjoy yourself!
____________________________________________

"Who are you?" The Scorpion King asked, staring at Jingyi and Zizhen.

"My name is Lan Jingyi and this is Ouyang Zizhen. We are from the future," Jingyi said.

The Scorpion King looked at them and smiled sweetly. "Do you take me for a fool?" He asked.

"No, of course not! We really come from the future! It's just I messed up a spell and we got sent here but we have something more important," Zizhen said.

"A spell cannot send you two here," The Scorpion King said, unamused, "Now tell me the truth."

"He is telling the truth!" Jingyi answered, hurriedly, "It's a demonic spell, as in demonic cultivation!"

The Scorpion King stared at him, surprised. "Demonic Cultivation exists?" He asked.

"Yes!" Jingyi said. He then told the Scorpion King everything that happens in the future, while Zizhen was shaking his head in disappointment. 

'Is Jingyi trying to change the past?' Zizhen thought, looking at the junior. 

"Alright," The Scorpion King said, waking Zizhen from his thoughts. 

"You will help us then?" Jingyi asked, expectantly. He was slightly bouncing a bit with excitement. 

Zizhen was looking at him with adoration. He looked cute.

Wait, cute?

The Scorpion King nodded. "So, tell me," He said, "What do I need to do?"

"Well, do you know Arsenic Poison?" Jingyi asked.

The Scorpion King nodded. "Of course, I know it," He said.

"Uncle Xie, can you make its antidote?" Jingyi asked. 

"Oh, well in that case, you're in luck," The Scorpion King said, "A few days ago, I was thinking about this poison and decided to make its antidote."

"Wait—So you have the antidote? As in right now?" Zizhen asked.

The Scorpion King nodded and removed a small glass pot from his robe. "There's two pills in it but to remove the poison effect, take one only. Otherwise, it can be worse," He said.

Jingyi beamed with excitement. "Thank you, Uncle Xie!" He said, taking the antidote from him.

"Looks like you're quite happy?" Zizhen asked, looking at Jingyi who never stopped smiling. 

Jingyi skipped a step and said, "Of course! I won't forget everyone now!"

Zizhen rolled his eyes with a thin, nearly invisible smile. He was happy that Jingyi wouldn't forget him now.

"Unfortunately, I have to keep up with your annoying self," Zizhen said, hiding his happiness.

Jingyi gasped, dramatically. "Zizhen, you broke my heart by saying these words," He said, putting his hand on his chest.

Zizhen rolled his eyes and said, "Shut up, Jingyi. This is exactly why I hate you. It would be much better if you just disappeared. Let's go now."

A hint of sadness flashed in Jingyi's eyes. "Yeah! Let's go," He said, ignoring his hurting heart.

Almost half of the journey, Jingyi kept his mouth close.

"Zizhen," He said, breaking the silence between them, "If I really disappeared, you would feel happy, right?"

Zizhen stared at him, as if he turned crazy. "What are you on about?" He asked.

Jingyi looked at him and shook his head. "Nothing, nothing!" He said.

"Oh God, when will those two be back?!" Jin Ling exclaimed with frustration. 

Sizhui put his hand on the latter's shoulder and said, "Please have some patience. They'll be back soon."

Jin Ling pouted in annoyance. It kind of looked cute to Sizhui.

Cute?!

"Um, Youn—Jin Ling, would you like to rest inside an inn? It's hot in here," Sizhui asked.

Jin Ling groaned as he went inside the inn and paid for a room. He then turned towards Sizhui and said, "I don't want to spend more money so you have to stay with me in one room."

Sizhui looked at him, in surprise. "You paid for me too?" He asked. 

Jin Ling looked at him, unamused. "No, I paid for my ghost," He said, sarcastically, "Of course, I paid for you."

Sizhui chucked in embarrassment. He went inside the inn with Jin Ling.

Meanwhile, Lan Xichen was talking to Jiang Cheng.

"Those boys haven't come back yet," Lan Xichen said in worry.

Jiang Cheng looked at him and said, "Don't worry. I'm sure they'll be fine."

Lan Xichen nodded. "Yeah," He said, still feeling worried.

"Jingyi, wait," Zizhen said, leaning on a tree, "I'm tired."

Jingyi looked at him, unamused. "Zizhen, we don't have time to waste. We need to reach there at the right time," He said.

"Jingyi, we have a full day in front of us," Zizhen said. He then looked at Jingyi's worried expression. 

"We have a full day, right?" He asked, unconsciously hinting a worried tone in his voice.

Jingyi looked at him and smiled. "Zizhen, we need to leave now," He said, "So hurry up." He then turned around and started leaving.

Zizhen walked towards him and stopped the later. "Jingyi, what are you hiding from me?" He asked.

Jingyi looked at Zizhen and said, "Shut up with your fake worry, Zizhen. We don't have enough time."

He then shoved Zizhen away and walked away.

'Fake worry?"

Before Jingyi could take another step, Zizhen grabbed his arm and said, "What are you hiding?"

Jingyi sighed in annoyance as he said, "You want to know what I'm hiding right?! Then listen! I don't want my parents to get married! I know that none of you guys will let me reunite my father with Jiang Yusheng if my life is in danger! That's why I planned this! Pretending to save Jiang Yusheng after the marriage! My real plan is to crash the wedding before my parents get tied in a wedlock and then save Jiang Yusheng!"

By the time he finished talking, tears were already falling down to his cheeks. 

"Jingy—"

Before Zizhen could even finish his words, Jingyi tapped him between his shoulder and neck so the latter fell unconscious. 

Jingyi looked at the unconscious boy on the ground, sadly, before he walked away. 

'I'm sorry, Zizhen but there's always a reason behind everything that happened. I was unwanted so I should stay like that,' Jingyi thought as he walked.

Less than twenty minutes later, Jingyi finally reached the inn where everyone was staying.

"Jingyi!" Wei Wuxian exclaimed, running towards the junior, "Where's Zizhen?"

"Oh, Zizhen has something important to do so I told him to go," Jingyi lied, smiling.