Chapter Eighteen: Revelation

I'm starting to get a feeling that this story is becoming too boring. Therefore, I apologise for it.

Also, this is probably the longest chapter ever-!

***

Just when the others were talking in the pavilion, Wen Kexing and Zhou Zishu barged in the room with unexplained looks.

"Kexing? Zishu? What happened?" Jiang Cheng asked as soon as he saw the two.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji quickly included themselves in the conversations. They were too curious to know.

"Jin Ling has been kidnapped," Wen Kexing said, looking at the others with serious look, "And I believe that it might be someone in Gusu who did it."

Zhou Zizhu, who was standing beside him, had his arms crossed as he nodded. "Therefore, we want to question everyone who is staying here," He said.

Sizhui widened his eyes in utter shock. "What? Are you sure that he is really kidnapped? What if he is on one of his night walks?" He said, worryingly.

"We checked everywhere and plus, we have proofs of him being kidnapped," Zhou Zishu said.

Wei Wuxian was listening very attentively. "Say, what kind of proofs do you have?" He asked.

Zhou Zishu took out a sword and a yellow piece of cloth.

Who wouldn't recognise those things? It's so obvious now.

Sizhui took a breath in. He was indeed worried about Jin Ling but he knows that he cannot act impulsive.

Just in time, Li Jie came in the room. He was looking a bit tired and sweaty. He was wearing a grey uniform robe instead of his usual white one.

Though, nobody paid attention to that.

"What's happening here? I heard from the disciples that you are all worried about something," He said.

Wen Ning approached the boy in silent and said, "Young Master Jin Ling is missing."

Li Jie's eyes widened in shock. "What?! How?! When did he get kidnapped?" He half yelled and half whispered.

Wen Ning shrugged in ignorance. "I believe half an hour ago–" He turned towards the boy harshly.

"I didn't say anything about kidnapping..."

While Wen Ning and Li Jie were talking, Wen Qing, who was standing almost far from everyone, stepped in as soon as everything proofs were presented.

"Then, do you think you can tell us whose blood is on this sword?" She said as she took out a sword covered with blood.

Wen Kexing took the bloody sword and slowly started inspecting it. He frowned for a while. He looked at Li Jie and turned towards the rest.

"It belongs to Li Jie,"

***

Jin Ling woke up in a different and uncomfortable place. He had his hands tied with some kind of spiritual rope. His mouth was covered with a black cloth as he was sitting down on the floor.

He heard footsteps coming towards him. Slowly, the black cloth that was covering his entire face was removed.

Jin Ling squinted his eyes as he was trying to get himself adjusted in the dim light.

In front of him, he saw an unknown person looking down at him while Xiumin sitting in a corner, drinking.

He was differently dressed. Instead of his usual long robe, he was wearing long wavy pants with his sword lying on the ground. He was dressed in a tunic that exposed half of his shoulder while his arms were covered.