Prologue

Jingyi and Sizhui were given a mission to look for rare plants that could be used in medicines. Jin Ling tagged along with them, as he couldn't see his uncle's angry face anymore.

"Jin Ling, are you sure that Sect Leader Jiang won't be angry at us after knowing that you are with us?" Sizhui asked.

CLACK

Jingyi stepped on a dry branch and said, "Young Mistress Jin, please whatever you do, just don't be dumb."

Jin Ling widened his eyes as he gasped. "Jingyi! I'm a Sect Leader! Address me with respect!" He argued. 

Sizhui glared at Jingyi, which made the latter huffed. He gave a bow to Jin Ling and said, "I apologise at his behest, Sect Leader Jin."

"Sizhui! You don't need to bow in front of him!" Jingyi persisted. He crossed his arms and glared at Jin Ling.

Sizhui looked at him and said, "Jingyi, he is a sect—"

They couldn't even understand his sentence when a black smoke was seen from a distance.

"Demonic cultivation? Wei Wuxian is in GusuLan, right?" Jin Ling asked, feeling dumbfounded. 

Jingyi nodded. "Yeah! He is in Cloud Recesses," He said, with enthusiasm. 

"Then, who is doing that?" Sizhui asked, as he pointed towards the black smoke.

The three juniors carefully made their way towards the smoke.

Jingyi, Sizhui and Jin Ling hid behind the bushes, while watching the black smoke fading away slowly.

The three juniors gasped when they saw Zizhen sitting on a huge rock, leg-crossed, while meditating. 

Jingyi got out of the bushes and exclaimed, "Zizhen! Have you been practicing demonic cultivation?!"

"Is your friend stupid?!" Jin Ling spat, irritatingly.

Sizhui was also embarrassed by Jingyi. He smiled in apology. 

They quickly got out and stood side by side, staring at the two juniors in front of them.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, Zizhen flinched in shock, after hearing Jingyi's voice. That caused a misspelled word in the phrase that Zizhen was reciting quietly.

All of a sudden, a bright light surrounded the four of them and soon, they found themselves unconscious.