Chapter Twenty-Two: Start Again

“Ouyang Zizhen, you are being imprisoned for murdering your father, our Sect Leader Ouyang Zixiong!“

When the juniors got back in their time, each of them found themselves in their rooms, almost everyone.

Zizhen was found with his dead father in his Sect. This made everyone suspicious and accused Zizhen of murdering his father.

Though, he was a young master, his words had no effect after the death of Ouyang Zixiong. Due to no proof, he was sent to the prison for life and a new Sect Leader was appointed by the elders.

Nobody remembered Jingyi and Sizhui, not even Jin Ling and Zizhen. The two juniors; Xiumin and Wang Faxu, were long forgotten. No evidences of their birth or death were presented.

It was like they never existed in the first place. Nothing remained the same after the journey back to the past.

Madam Yu and Jiang Fengmin were alive and the latter was now retired as the Sect Leader. Jiang Yanli and Jin Zixuan were living happily in the Jin Sect with Jin Ling.

Wei Wuxian did go on the path of demonic cultivation but it was not as intense as before. He still has his golden core.

Jiang Cheng was well… Jiang Cheng.

GusuLan was never burnt down. Everything was the same but not the same.

After the departure of the juniors, everyone forgot everything in the past. All they found was a mysterious book, consisting every information of the upcoming future.

Following it, everyone was safe and sound. The Wen Sect never managed to even control anything. It became a small Sect of the country.

Nie Minjue never died, Jin Guangyao never successfully came in Lanling Jin. Nie Huaisang never planned anything.

Everything was peaceful… except it wasn't.

*

“Mother, I'm going with Jiujiu to the market! He said that he'll buy me sweets and toys!“ Jin Ling announced.

Jiang Yanli laughed and pinched her son's cheeks. “Okay, my dear. Have fun and come back safely,” She said.

Jin Ling smiled brightly and nodded. “Yes, mother!“ He yelled, excitedly. He hugged Jiang Yanli and started running towards the door.

“Oh, Jin Ling! Your father is outside, with the elders! Inform him otherwise, he might send a search party for you like last time!“ Jiang Yanli yelled.

“Yes, mother! I will!“

*

“Here is your food!“ A disciple threw a plate of food towards Zizhen.

Zizhen turned to look at the disciple. They all hate him so much. He didn't kill his father, he doesn't know how his father died.

It was too late now. No evidences were found in favor of Zizhen. Even his mother despises his face.

He feels like he lost everything but not entirely. He shouldn't feel like that.

Zizhen lost his Sect, his father, his mother, his people and so many more things at once, then why? Why does he feel like there is still something out there waiting for him?

It is that same lingering feeling. Like one's soul is attached to Zizhen's soul and it's lost. He
wants to find but doesn't know what it is.

This feeling has been haunting him for so long. Staying in this prison like cage won't help him to find anything.

He needs to escape and that too, tonight.

*

“Jiujiu!“ Jin Ling ran and hugged his uncle who happily accepted the hug.