Chapter Seven: The Past Ones Pt1

Hello! I don't really write Author's note but I think I need to write one here!

If you notice, I update every two days, which means, I had to update yesterday but I didn't do so. It was because I had my hair cut, so I didn't have time to write a chapter.

And I woke up at noon too.

So, I'm sorry for the late update!
____________________________________________

Lan Wanglei was known as the mannerless Lan in Gusu. It was all thanks to his good looks that he used to escape every time. 

On the other hand, Wen Xiaomi was the Young Mistress of Qishan Sect. She was quite spoiled as she was the youngest and the only girl.

"Yusheng! Wait for me!" Lan Wanglei said, running towards his friend with fried chickens in his hands.

Those two were visiting Yunmeng. Lan Wanglei wanted to eat fried chicken so he followed Jiang Yusheng.

Jiang Yusheng turned back and said, "Can you stop following me?!"

Lan Wanglei pouted. "My friend, you are too harsh to me," He said, dramatically. 

Jiang Yusheng was from Yunmeng. His parents were acquaintances of Jiang Fengmin.

Jiang Yusheng rolled his eyes. He started walking faster and went inside an inn.

"A room for one, please," He said, hurriedly, as he slammed his money on the table.

As soon he was about to leave, Lan Wanglei grabbed his arm and turned to the owner. "Make that a room for two!" He said as he gave his money.

Jiang Yusheng slightly groaned. Why? Just why?

"So, this room is pretty cozy," Lan Wanglei said, lying on the bed.

Jiang Yusheng crossed his arms and said, "Why are you following me?"

"Isn't it obvious? I am your friend," Lan Wanglei said, staring at the latter.

Jiang Yusheng scoffed and said, "Please, I know you better than anyone. You want to run away from your fiance, right?"

Lan Wanglei said down and looked at Jiang Yusheng, pleading. "Please, do anything but break this marriage! I don't want to marry Wen Xiaomi," He said.

"That's not in my hand," Jiang Yusheng said, "Beside why don't you want to marry her? She is a nice girl."

"There is something personal!" Lan Wanglei said, frustratingly. 

Jiang Yusheng rolled his eyes. He went towards the side of the bed and lied down. "I'm sleepy. Tell me tomorrow," He said.

In a few minutes, soft snores were coming out from Jiang Yusheng. 

Lan Wanglei watched him, fondly as he said in a whisper, "Sheng, how do you expect me to tell you that the reason I don't want to marry her is because I love you."

He then sighed and threw himself back on the bed, sleeping. 

On the other hand, Jiang Yusheng opened his eyes with a small smile on his baked face. 

Looks like this day wasn't so bad.

Lan Wanglei was the first one to wake up at five. He turned around and snuggled closer to Jiang Yusheng.

Wait! Snuggled closer?!

He quickly opened his eyes and found himself, hugging Jiang Yusheng. 'Fuck,' He thought and quickly got out of the bed.

The sudden movement woke up the latter. "What happened?" Jiang Yusheng asked, sleepy. 

Lan Wanglei shook his head. "Nothing! Nothing happened!" He said.

"Hm, okay," Jiang Yusheng said, "Go, freshen up, while I order something."

Lan Wanglei nodded, as he went to the bathroom.

Almost fifteen minutes later, he came out and then Jiang Yusheng went inside.

"The food hasn't come yet. If it does, apologize to the owner for waking him up so early," Jiang Yusheng said, before going inside.

Lan Wanglei nodded. "Alright, I'll do it," He said, smiling. 

Around twenty minutes later, a knock was heard on the door.

"Looks like the food is here," Lan Wanglei mumbled, opening the door, "I'm sorry for—Mom? Dad? What are you guys doing here?"

"Hubby!" From behind them, Wen Xiaomi said and hugged Lan Wanglei's arm.

"What is going on here?" Lan Wanglei asked, coldly, as he removed his arm from Wen Xiaomi.

"Listen, since you decided that you won't attend any classes, why don't you spend time with your wife?" His father said, calmly. 

Wen Xiaomi blushed as she smiled and lowered her gaze.

"She is not my wife and will never be," Lan Wanglei said.

"You—" His mother tried to yell at him but saw Jiang Yusheng behind his son, "Oh, so that Jiang boy is here too."

Lan Wanglei glared at his mother and said, "Mom, don't drag him in this matter."

Wen Xiaomi pushed Lan Wanglei and said, "Why do you care so much about him? Why can't I be your wife?"

Lan Wanglei walked towards Jiang Yusheng and took his hand. "Because the one I love is not you, Wen Xiaomi. You are a nice girl but I don't want to be in a loveless relationship," He said.

His parents widened their eyes. "You...You love a man?!" His mother said, shockingly. 

Jiang Yusheng lowered his head as his cheeks started to be red. He didn't expect that Lan Wanglei would declare his love in public.

Wen Xiaomi looked at the two men and left the inn angrily.

"Mother—"

"Why didn't you tell us?" His father asked as he looked at Lan Wanglei and Jiang Yusheng's intertwined hands.

"Yusheng, do you love my son as well?" His mother asked.

Jiang Yusheng nodded. Lan Wanglei looked at him and smiled. 

"Son, if you told us about this, we wouldn't have arranged your marriage with Young Mistress Wen," His father said, calmly.

Lan Wanglei looked at his parents in surprise. "You...You don't mind?" He asked.

"Mind what? That you love a man? My dear, love has no gender. We raised you to be who you are," His mother said, smiling.

"But...Young Mistress Wen won't let this pass," His father said, worryingly.

Soon, after the matter was settled down, Lan Wanglei's parents booked a room, beside his son's room to rest for a while.

"So, you love me back?" Lan Wanglei said, feeling the heat on his face.

Jiang Yusheng smiled and nodded. "Yeah, you know, I heard everything you said last night," He said, teasingly. 

Lan Wanglei gasped and looked at Jiang Yusheng in shock. "You! I thought you were sleeping!" He said, jumping on the latter and strangling him.

Jiang Yusheng pushed him and said, "I'm going to see why the food isn't here yet."

Lan Wanglei grabbed his hand and said teasingly, "Really? Are you going to leave your poor husband alone?"

Jiang Yusheng's eyes widened. "What husband?! You are not my husband!" He said.

Lan Wanglei chuckled as he brought Jiang Yusheng's hand to his forehead and touched the headband. 

"I'm sure that you know the meaning of the Lan headband, right?" He said, smiling fondly. 

Jiang Yusheng chuckled as he hugged the latter. "Thank you," He said.