Chapter Twenty-Six: Your Memories

“Is something bothering you, A-Yi?“ Zizhen asked worriedly.

Jingyi and Zizhen were spending their time together since Li Jie and Ye Xiang decided to go on a grocery date and Wang Faxu is accompanying his partner, Xiumin, to the local bar.

Jingyi shook his head. “No, why?“

“You seemed gloomy… Is it because you don't want to be with me right now?“ Zizhen asked. Ever since they came out, Jingyi didn't speak to him at all.

Jingyi was a bit shock. He had been thinking of Xiumin and Wang Faxu so much that he didn't even bother looking at Zizhen.

“No, it's not that! I… I do like spending time with you,” Jingyi explained. He tried to reassure Zizhen.

Zizhen raised his eyebrows. “Really? Then in that case, go on a date with me?“ He asked.

Jingyi froze. He slowly looked at Zizhen in his eyes. Ah… He should've known. It was all a trap.

“A date..?“

Zizhen nodded his head. “What do you say? Let's go on a date,” He asked.

A date with Zizhen… It was clear to Jingyi that Zizhen was not getting his memories back. Maybe Jingyi didn't try enough for it, but as long as Zizhen is happy, it's enough.

So he agreed. “Alright, where do you want to go?“ Jingyi asked with a smile. He didn't care about anyone else—or anything else right now. Just Zizhen and Zizhen only.

Zizhen, on the other hand, was not expecting Jingyi to agree so easily and that too with a smile. He thought that Jingyi would keep rejecting him until the day ends.

“Seriously? Well, I…don't actually know,”

Jingyi let out a laugh. “You asked me out without knowing where to go?“ He teased Zizhen.

Zizhen looked at Jingyi unamused. He did expect that Jingyi would make fun of him. “What about you? Do you have a place in mind?“ He asked.

“As a matter of fact, I do have one,”

*

“Seriously? Out of everywhere we could have gone, you brought me to a restaurant and that too, a chicken restaurant?“

Jingyi was not having it. “Hey! Chicken is good! It's my favourite,” He said.

Zizhen chuckled. “Yeah, yeah. I get it. Don't run after me now if I eat all the chickens,” He teased.

Jingyi froze. He slowly looked up at Zizhen and asked carefully, “What did you just say?“

Zizhen was taking a bite of the chicken leg he had in his hand. “What? I said don't run after me. Why?“ He asked.

Jingyi sighed. He slowly shook his head. “Nothing. I just…couldn't quite catch you,” He lied. The truth is in their lives before, Zizhen would find himself being chased by Jingyi because of chicken pieces.

When he heard Zizhen say that, for once he thought that maybe his memories were coming back.

“Are you really okay, A'Yi? If you want, we can go back to the house,” Zizhen asked. He was worried about Jingyi's condition.

“Huh? No! No! I'm perfectly fine! Don't worry,” Jingyi said a bit too loud for his own likings. Thankfully, they were the only people there since the villagers were busy with their own preparations of the upcoming carnival.

Zizhen nodded, believing slightly at the words of Jingyi. “Okay but don't hesitate to tell me if you want to go back,” He informed.

Jingyi chuckled. “Aiyaa, you worry too much. Loosen up a bit,” He teased.