Chapter Six: The Future Ones

After everyone settled themselves well in the library pavilion, Lan Xichen broke the silence by saying, "Young Master Ouyang, I need you to keep focusing on your father. You might feel like you're on fire sometimes, but trust me. It is completely normal so don't panic."

Zizhen nodded as he closed his eyes and started doing what Lan Xichen said.

Jin Ling and Sizhui were sitting behind Zizhen during the whole time, as to not let the latter lose his focus.

Jiang Cheng, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were sitting a little far from the rest. They didn't want to interrupt the rest.

Wen Kexing and Zhou Zi Shu were sitting behind Lan Xichen. They were making sure that no interruptions occurred.

Exactly half an hour later, Zizhen finally felt the burn. He was sweating heavily. His hands were shaking. His body felt on fire.

Wen Kexing and Zhou Zi Shu looked at each other as they nodded. Now that Zizhen finally felt the burn, they would be able to contact the future in less than 10 minutes.

And that was exactly what happened. A bright light erupted in the middle, creating a circle.

It was like a mirror. Of course, it was bigger though. 

Zizhen and Lan Xichen finally opened their eyes.

On the other side of the mirror, they saw Ouyang Zixiong. He seemed to be in Cloud Recesses?

"What the hell–Zizhen?!" Ouyang Zixiong exclaimed, "Son, where were you?! Do you even know how worried I was?!"

"Dad, calm down. I'm perfectly fine. Nothing happened to me," Zizhen said, consoling his father.

"Where are yo–Is that Sect Leader Lan and the rest?" Ouyang Zixiong asked, looking at the rest of the people in the room.

Zizhen nodded.

Feeling dumbfounded, Zixiong asked, "Why do they look so young? I am, myself, in Cloud Recesses right now."

"Dad, Sizhui, Jin Ling, Jingyi and I have time-traveled to the past," Zizhen said.

Ouyang Zixiong started coughing badly. "T...Time-traveled?" He asked.

Zizhen nodded. From behind him, Sizhui and Jin Ling popped out and waved.

Ouyang Zixiong frowned. "Sizhui is here, Jin Ling is here, you are here but where is Jingyi? I hope he is okay," He asked, worryingly. 

Zizhen gasped. "Dad! You didn't even ask if I was fine or not!" He said, pouting, "I'm jealous."

Jin Ling smacked him on his head from behind.

"Oi, Kid! Get to the point!" Jiang Cheng yelled, feeling irritated by Zizhen.

"Was that Sect Leader Jiang?" Ouyang Zixiong asked.

Zizhen nodded. "But that's not important. Dad, I need you to call Senior Wei, HanGuang-Jun and Sect Leader Lan. If Sect Leader Jiang is also there, call him too," He said.

Ouyang Zixiong nodded. "Wait, I'll ask a junior to bring them here, in the Assembly Hall," He said.

He then called a junior who was patrolling outside and asked him to bring Wei Wuxian, Jiang Cheng, Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji.

"Jin Ling, are you hurt?" Sizhui whispered, after seeing Jin Ling sitting uncomfortably. 

The latter nodded. "Yeah, I got cramps on my thighs," He said, whispering back.