Chapter Three: Meeting Pt2

Sizhui was preparing his bed for sleep when Jin Ling barged in the room.

"Sorry, I forgot that noise is forbidden," Jin Ling said, irritatingly as he walked towards his bed.

"Jin Ling, I don't mean to interfere but is everything okay?" Sizhui asked, worryingly.

Jin Ling tightened his lips as he replied, "Those rules are so difficult to learn! Everything, like everything I do, someone just comes and tells me that I broke a rule!"

Sizhui smiled at the latter, apologetically. "I know they are hard to learn, especially if you didn't grow up here," He said.

Jin Ling sighed as he sat down on his bed. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Hm? What do you mean?" Sizhui asked, looking confused.

Jin Ling looked at him, worryingly and said, "Tomorrow, the Wens will be coming here. No matter how they were, some of them are still nice and your family."

Sizhui stared at Jin Ling in shock. Jin Ling, the arrogant Young Master who hated the Wens, was saying words like this.

Sizhui couldn't help but wonder. "Who are you?" He asked, unconsciously speaking out his mind.

His eyes quickly widened after realising what he just said. "I...I didn't mean it like that! I...Young Master...I mean, Jin Ling-"

Jin Ling stared at him, unamused. "For once, I thought I could be nice to you but forget it now. Go to sleep," He said.

Sizhui's ears reddened as he looked at Jin Ling, embarrassed. "I'm sorry," He said, bowing to the latter.

Just when Jin Ling was about to speak out, a knock on their door interrupted them.

Both the juniors frowned. Who could be here at this time?

Sizhui walked towards the door and opened it.

"How can I help-"

He gasped as he saw Zizhen carrying an unconscious Jingyi.

Sizhui quickly moved aside and let Zizhen inside the chamber.

Jin Ling choked on the air, seeing an uncomfortable Jingyi.

"What a princess," He mumbles under his breath. He then got out of his bed and went to call Lan Xichen. Jingyi might be annoying but if he were to die, then Jin Ling must be the one to kill him.

"What happened?" Sizhui asked, looking at his unconscious friend in worry.

Zizhen shrugged. "I don't want to explain twice so let's wait until Jin Ling comes here with Zewu-Jun.

Meanwhile, with Jin Ling, he knocked on Lan Xichen's room and waited outside.

He suddenly gulped, feeling a dark aura behind him. Turning around slowly, he found Lan Wangji standing there.

"No-"

Just in time, Lan Xichen opened the door and was surprised, seeing his brother and Jin Ling.

"Wangji, Jin Ling? What brings you two here?" He asked.

Jin Ling quickly regained his posture and said, "Zewu-Jun, Jingyi fainted and he is currently in my room."

Lan Xichen nodded and said, "Let's go." He then turned towards Lan Wangji and asked, "Wangji, do you want to come too?"

Lan Wangji nodded.

"Why are they taking so long?!" Zizhen asked, impatiently.

Sizhui put his hand on the latter's shoulder and said, "They'll be here soon."