I stared forward, my ears blocking things out as my vision blurred heavily. I didn't want to be here, but I had to be here. There wasn't another option to end this. If I contact the police or the feds, I doubt they'd do much, most local police were under the leaders payroll, and the feds, they'd need more than a pesky phone call to come here, they'd want pictures and videos, which I can't exactly get.

For another eternal moment, I wondered what my sisters were doing, how they were trying to find me. Janey was good with computers, but I was better, she'd never find the phone that I unceremoniously threw on the interstate, and god forbid she could find Darhks base. She was more surveillance techy, cameras were much easier to get through than triangulating a phone.

Laniey is our eyes, our oneshot perfection. I could imagine her looking in my hotel room, trying to find any kind of trace of where I was, before finding nothing, and proceeding to trash the room in fury.

Stella, well, Stella was the levelheaded one. She'll look for the reasons and ask the logical and informative questions. Probably racking her brain for everything I've ever said about the matter at hand, if I ever gave up a precious location. I'd like to say I'm smarter than that.

I've always wondered if I'd come back to just take Darhk out, or take the ring out from under him, then watch him burn. Killing him would be too easy, it's the easy way out for someone who's broken millions of families, he doesn't deserve easy, he deserves torture. My words have always been delicately said around Stella, given she's always the one to approach me on the matter, part of it was for not wanting to remember it, the other, well, it was for the grand scheme of things.

xXx

A long single file line, facing to the left, Sage in front of me, the jacket gone from a guard that snatched it off her, my glare burning into his eyes as he smirked at me, strutting away with such a dark and tainted dominance.

"Move!" The guard at the door at the end of the caged-lined hall yelled, feet shuffling forward, making our way through the door. Sages head was down, her hand gripping mine for dear life, my thumb stroking her trembling hand in a last ditch attempt to soothe her.

84 steps until we took a turn to the right, an indoor quad looking area, metal tables with the same metal benches. We couldn't move from formation, directed to the table of another cheery demented soul that served bowls of oatmeal with a boxed juice and a mini muffin.

We passed by her beaming smile, everyone else's heads down, some brave men and womens death-staring her, and I was blankly glaring, a scowl twitching my lip up with a short smirk, her head titled a millimeter at me, smile falling an inch.

Moving along, I gently pulled Sage along with me to a table in the back corner, sitting down with her beside me, attached to me like a leech. I smoothed down her matted brown hair, placing a gentle kiss on it as she sniffled, taking a small bite of the food with stuttering loud breaths.

I looked around, the file on Amaya Sawyer only had her description; 5'7 woman, 23, dark brown eyes, dark brown hair. It wasn't much, but I was positive it was enough. So I did the only thing I could think of.

"Amaya?!" I cried out, a woman's head snapping to me, tearful brown eyes. I squeezed Sages shoulder, telling her I'd be right back, my feet flying me to Amaya with watery eyes, my arms wounding around her as I let out a sob, "I'm here to help you, don't panic." I whispered into her ear between faux cries.

"Oh my god.." Her voice was hoarse, but a certain relief in her voice as she hugged me back. I pulled her along to sit with Sage and I, her hand grasping mine, much like Sage who was now molding into my side.

"I've been following your case, I found Conan, and I found the file. I'm here to stop this. I'm here to get you home." Amaya cries, muttering her thank you's over and over again.

"Please, my son's waiting for me." My heart thumped painfully, Amaya was a mother. The care she has for him, it was beautiful, but saddening with our current predicament.

"What's his name?" I ask, whispering, hoping that she'll feel a bit better with the talk about him, maybe, maybe not.

"Mason." Amaya breathed out his name, a fond smile on her face as she looks at the wall, dazed. I had a small sad grin, she loves Mason so much, it's damn near heart wrenching.

My cheek fell to rest on the top of Sages head, my hand now grasping hers for some kind of grounding. I had to get them out, there was no option, Sage had a family, Amaya had her son, and I had my sisters to get back too.

Not much to say, chapter is sad, I'm a bit teary eyed, poor girls.

Vote and comment <3

X, Vee