Dream's sister (angst)

(AN: This is a request from the lovely Hatsune_Ally! You are awesome, thank you so much for the request, I hope it lives up to your expectations! If not, you can tell me and I can try to figure out somehting else:) So the reader is female, and this is set in dsmp lore, so keep that in mind. Uhhhh, yea I think that's all! Credits to the artist of the picture and I hope you like the story!)

"Dream! I'm hiding! You can come find me now I'm ready!"

Your seven year old self had thought it would be a great idea to play hide-and-seek. As usual, Dream had agreed with you. You heard your brother start walking around and looking for you. Looking behind trees and in some bushes of the forest you two were playing in.

"Are you over here?" he askes whilst walking under the tree you were in.

"No! I'm up here!" you giggled excitedly.

"Woah! How did you get up there?"

"I used my strong muscles to get up here! Just like you can do!" you answered.

"Well, that is impressive indeed." he replied. "Now how about you get down from there and we can go eat some ice cream, does that sound good?"

"Ice cream!" you yelled out whilst hurriedly getting down from the tree.

When you finally reached the ground, he picked you up in his arms and started to walk back towards the house. The soft rhythm of his footsteps and the slight breeze  caused you to slowly close your eyes and fall asleep in his arms.

5 years later

You slowly walked towards Pandora's vault, wondering exactly what you were going to say once you saw your brother again. You were aware that he had committed some awful crimes and yet, you were unable to see him as a bad person. He had always been a good brother to you, had never done anything wrong in your company.

He had been excellent brother in fact. He always made sure that you were happy and safe. He would go to any lengths to cheer you up, and always kept you hidden during the wars. Why was he so different when he wasn't with you?

You walked through the doors of the prison and greeted Sam with a small smile. 

"Hey Sam."

"Oh hey kid! Your here to see your brother I assume?" he asked.

"Yep." you replied softly.

He then explained all the security protocols to you, made you remove all the items in your inventory and walked with you to Dream's cell. Soon enough, you were left alone in the room with your brother, with the instructions to yell Sam's name when you were ready to leave.

"Y/n! My very own little sister. I'm so glad you decided to visit me!" Dream exclaimed joyfully, with a smile on his face.

"Hi Dream." you answered slowly.

Soon after, you were brought into a hug. Of course, you hugged him back. But then, you remembered the purpose of your visit. You got out of his arms and backed slightly away from him.

"Y/n..?" he asked, his smile wavering a bit.

"Why did you do it?" you asked. "Why did you have to be so, so manipulative! Why did you have to hurt Tommy?!"

"Oh, y/n, you don't understand! I was doing this for us! For you! So you could finally be safe, so we could live peacefully without being bothered by such, shenanigans! Don't you want a life like that?" 

You thought about it. It did seem like a nice life to have. However, you still didn't understand. If that was his plan all along, then what was the point of hurting anyone?

"You don't get it, Dream" you replied. "We could've had that anyways. We could have left and went far away! That way there wouldn't have been any manipulation or bloodshed involved! I want to help you get the life you want, I really, really do, but not if this is what needs to be done to get there."

At that, your brother's smile disappeared. At that moment you made a decision. You weren't going to be able to get to Dream. You doubted anyone could. He was too far gone and you still didn't understand what had happened for everything to turn out this way.

"SAM!" you shouted "I'M READY TO LEAVE NOW!"

"You're leaving already? But you just got here!" your sibling said.

You turned towards him once more and hugged him one last time.

"I won't be coming back." you stated you quietly. "I'm sorry."

Once you were out of the prison, a stray tear fell down your cheek and you wiped it away without a second thought. You were saddened that things had turned out this way. Maybe if you had done things differently, you could be with your brother, at home, playing a game or watching a movie. Maybe it was still possible, but it didn't seem like it. You wanted to help your brother, but you simply couldn't. After all....

How do you help someone who doesn't want to be saved?

749 words

(AN: Thanks for reading and thank you again to Hatsune_Ally for requesting! And before I go, the fbi told me that everyone who reads my book is SPECTACULAR and BEAUTIFUL! I don't make the rules homie-

 Aight so byeeeee! :)