EIGHTY-SIX

NICO POV:
Bright lights hit my eyes and I'm not entirely sure where I am. I feel the weight of someone's hand in mine and immediately recognise it as Wills. I try to turn my head to see him but than realise not only can I not turn my head but I never opened my eyes. I try to squeeze Wills hand to let him know I'm awake but find I can't move.

I feel my heart beat pick up as I start to panic, the machines I'm hooked up to start beeping rapidly, but I still can't move.

"What's going on?" Will frantic voice practically yells. "Is he okay?"

I feel peoples hands on me, but I can't move or talk to tell them to stop so I start to panic even more. I want them to stop, I want to tell Will I'm okay but I can't. I think I'm crying, my face feels wet and I feel Wills familiar hands wipe the tears. "He's crying, what's going on? Is this normal?"

"We can't say when he'll wake up," someone says.

I feel Wills hands on my face and he leans his head on my shoulder. I can tell he's crying by the way he's shaking and I want to tell him I'm okay. I eventually manage to fall back asleep because Will had himself curled up against me.

The next time I wake up my eyes open and I'm able to turn to face Will. Will is fast asleep with his head on my shoulder and I can't help but smile at him. I kiss his head and he jerks awake, his eyes wide.

We lock eyes and he grins, "Your awake!"

I nod, not able to find my voice quite yet.

"How do you feel?"

I shake my head to tell him 'not great'.

He frowns a little, "Can you talk?"

I open my mouth which feels as dry as the desert, "Yeah," I croak.

He cups my face in his hand, sighing in relief. "You really scared me Neeks," he says softly. "They told me the surgery had a few complications and then you weren't waking up and then yesterday your heart rate spiked and you were crying and," he cuts himself off with a shaky breathe. "I was terrified. I honestly thought I might loose you."

"It takes more than that to kill me," I force out with a smile.

He grins back and leans down to kiss me. I hum contently into the kiss and reach up to tangle my fingers in his hair. He tries to pull away but I don't let him, I just want to keep kissing him right now. Eventually I do allow him to pull away though.

"How do you feel baby?" he asks, his hand still cupping my cheek and his thumb rubbing across my cheek bone.

"My stomach hurts," I say. "Did they get it out?"

He nods, "Yeah, I already made them do more scans to be sure they didn't leave anything in there too."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome," he smiles. "Do you think it would hurt to move you over a bit so I can lay with you?"

"If you help me I should be fine."

He helps me move over in the hospital bed a bit and then carefully lays down next to me, putting his arm over my chest so he can't hurt my stomach. He sighs, "I really hate when your in the hospital."

"Me too," I chuckle, which hurts a lot so I stop immediately.

"It stresses me out, I don't like seeing you hurt."

"I'll be fine," I try to reassure him. I can feel my eyes drooping and know I'm gonna fall asleep soon, so I ask one more pressing question. "How long was I out?"

"Only a couple days," Will sighs. "But it felt a lot longer than that for me."

"That time when you got really scared cause my heart picked up it was because I woke up but I couldn't move or do anything," I admit. "It really scared me."

He rubs his hand against my collar bone soothingly. "It terrified me too," he says. "I was so scared something was seriously wrong and they were gonna have to rush you back into surgery or something."

"I'm fine," I say.

He sighs, "Go to sleep Neeks, you still look exhausted."

I nod in a agreement, laying my head against Wills and falling back to sleep.

A/N: This is extremely short because I wanted to say that I may not be posting again for awhile. I just finished up the short bit I had wrote so I could get y'all something. My dog died today and she was my best friend and my emotional support. She was my Mrs. O'leary.