FOURTY-NINE

NICO POV:
I haven't felt genuinely safe with anyone since my sister died. I couldn't even say that about Hazel, though she would be a close second to Bianca. Even though since I left we haven't talked much. Bianca was always the only person I had that I knew I could tell everything, she would never hurt me. But right now with Wills hands in my hair and the water hitting my back I feel safe.

I never thought Id be able to stand in front of someone butt ass naked and feel completely comfortable. Yet here I am taking a fucking shower with Will Solace, and I couldn't be happier.

His gentle fingers are rubbing the soap through my hair, his nails scratching at my scalp soothingly. I'm leaning on his chest which definitely isn't making his job any easier but he doesn't seem to mind. He's taking his sweet time running his hands through my hair to get all the conditioner in, messaging my scalp and gently pulling out any tangles he comes across. He brings the shower head down and places a hand on my forehead to keep the soapy water from getting in my eyes.

"All clean," he says softly as he puts the shower head back.

I don't move, I don't want to move, I want to stay here in Wills arms.

"Give me a second," I mumble against his chest. He chuckles and puts his arms around my shoulders to hold me close.

"Take as much time as you want because Im perfectly happy here," Will says sighing contently.

After a few minutes I push away and switch places with him so I can wash his hair. He can't lean on me like I did to him because of the height difference, but I can see all of his muscles relaxing completely as I work the shampoo through his golden tresses, subconsciously leaning into my touch.

"This feels really good," he says.

I chuckle and continue running my hands through his hair for far longer than needed for just shampoo. Eventually I rinse his hair and it only has a little to do with the fact that my arms are starting to get tired from lifting them up so high to wash his hair. I do the same thing as Will did for me, protecting his eyes from the soapy water as I rinse out the shampoo and then eventually the conditioner.

"I love you," Will says smiling down at me.

I roll my eyes playfully, "You've only said that about a million times within the last ten minutes."

"I just want make sure you never forget," Will smiles.

"I love you too," I answer leaning up and kissing just under his jaw over a yellowing bruise, causing him to shiver lightly.

I reach for the body wash and soap up my hands, then run them over his chest and shoulders thoroughly. I wipe off his arms then spin him around to wash his back. I was careful around his ribs knowing that since they're bruised it wouldn't feel great if I put to much pressure on them. I don't wash anything on him waist down, that felt a little too intimate for what I'm ready for right now. Besides, I would have had to get on my knees, and I don't think I'll ever be able to bring my self to do that for anyone ever again, even for something like just washing his body, not even Will. I push him under the water to rinse off the soap.

He grabs the body wash himself then slowly moves his hands to my chest, pausing just before touching me and shooting me a questioning look. I nod in consent and he starts rubbing my chest and shoulders. His hands don't even pause over my scars, which I'm extremely grateful for.

"Turn around," Will says moving me the way he wants.

After he's washed my back he uses his still soapy hands to message my shoulders. Rubbing his thumbs into the knots gently messaging them out. My eyes shut on there own accord as I relish the feeling of having Wills hands all over me-well waist up but still. That's more than enough for me.

I pull his hands back on my shoulders when he removes them to try and rinse me off. I was expecting some snarky comment but to my surprise he says nothing and just continues to message my shoulders.

Eventually I do let him stop and rinse the soap off of my body. When he's done he puts his hands around my waist and leans his head on top of mine, being careful not to accidentally press his waist against me.

"This is nice," he says softly, his thumb rubbing against my chest subconsciously.

"Yeah," I agree, leaning back on him with enough of my weight that if he decided to move now, I'd fall over. He doesn't move though, he continues to hold me up, occasionally rubbing his cheek against my wet hair.

We sit in the shower like that until the water runs cold and we're forced to get out if we don't want to freeze our asses off.

AN: Sorry this is so short, but I couldn't do my next plan in the same chapter or it would be hella long so hope y'all enjoyed this