EIGHTY-ONE

TW: Overdose
(Also I'm not a doctor so literally anything medical I ever write is just from absolute minimal research and Greys Anatomy)

WILL POV:
I tried to stay awake for Nico but he never came back. I kept checking my arms and thighs to make sure he wasn't cutting, but eventually concluded he just went to bed without me. I kept checking his door but it was always locked and the lights were off. I knocked softly a couple times in case he was awake but he never responded. Eventually around 3 am I decided to just go to bed too. It had been 3 hours and he hadn't came back to my room so he probably wasn't going too.

The next morning I wake up to the alarm I had set for Nico at 7:00. I know Nico wouldn't have thought ahead enough to set a new alarm for himself so I get myself up so I can wake him up. I knock on the door loudly, "Nico, you gotta wake up. You have school."

No response.

I knock harder, "Nico, my love you need to get up."

Still nothing.

"You don't have to open the door just let me know your awake."

Silence.

I frown and start slamming my fist against the door. "Nico!" I yell, starting to feel frantic. "Nico, open the door!"

Still silence.

"Nico!" I scream, tears starting to fall down my face as I slam my body against the door to try and get it to open. I don't care how much it hurts, or how much I'm probably injuring my already battered body, I need the god damn door to open. I still don't know how he locks it but it can't be strong enough to hold if I keep slamming against it.

Mom comes rushing down the hallway, "What's going on?"

"I don't know," I sob. "He won't answer."

She moves me to the side and slams into the door as hard as she can. The door flys open, something cracking the door frame and I rush in past my mom. Nicos lying on his back on the ground and he's not moving, his eyes only partially open. Mrs. O'leary has her head on his chest and she's whining softly. "No no no no!" I scream. I fall to my knees next to him and start shaking him. "Nico!" I yell frantically, "Nico!"

I check for a pulse and sob in relief to feel his heart beating. His breathing is so slow I almost can't tell he is breathing at all. All that combined with his cold clammy skin made me think he was dead at first. "He's got a pulse," I tell my mom who just got back with her phone to call for an ambulance. "But he won't wake up."

His eyes were partially open and I notice them give a little flutter. His pupils are so small I can hardly even see them. "Nico?" I pull his face towards me. "Nico can you hear me?"

His eyes flutter again.

"You're awake," I say, sounding much more relieved than I should if he's awake but not moving or talking. "Can you talk?"

He doesn't say anything so I take that as my answer.

"Did you take something?"

He doesn't so much as twitch in response, which is either because he can't or because he didnt.

"Could he be having a seizure?" I turn to my mom momentarily to ask.

"Possibly," she answers.

I pull Nico closer to my chest. "It'll be okay," I say, more reassuring myself than anything. "I won't let anything happen to you." Nico grunts a little and I hope that's a good sign and not a bad one.

It feels like it takes forever for the ambulance to get here but I know it was only 5 minutes tops. As soon as I hear the sirens I scoop Nico into my arms and carry him down stairs to meet them at the door. As soon as I get Nico on the stretcher I shut down. I follow them into the ambulance and mom follows in the car but I don't hear a thing that's happening.