THIRTY-EIGHT

WILL POV:
"I can't take one more look at an algebraic equation or I think I'll drop out of high school," I grumble as I go into the kitchen where Nicos cooking dinner.

"I've tried but turns out being on parole makes dropping out really difficult," he says blandly, too focused on whatever he is making.

I walk up behind him and put my arms around his waist so I can look over him at the recipe in front of him. Mozerella stuffed meatballs

"That looks delicious," I praise kissing his cheek. "How much longer till it's done?"

"Ive been down here for an hour and I just started cooking the fucking meatballs what do you think?" he snaps playfully.

"I'm hungry and it smells good," I argue.

"Deal with it, it'll be done when I say it's done."

"Your so bossy," I chuckle squeezing him tighter.

"I can't cook if you're holding me," he mumbles, though he leans back onto me with enough of his weight that I know if I move now he'll stumble backwards.

I kiss below his jaw, which means I have to bend over quite a large amount but I don't mind because I know he likes it, "You love me though."

"I hate you."

I kiss his cheek and let go slowly so he has the time to take back his own weight and not fall backwards.

"Can I watch you cook or will I get in the way?" I ask leaning against the counter.

"Stay out of my way," he retorts flipping the meatballs over and grabbing the spaghetti and pouring in it the pan of boiling water. "You should get a pasta maker, I think I still remember my moms pasta recipe."

"I'll look into it," I smile at him.

He had been so excited to cook for me that the next morning after our date he dragged me to the store to get groceries and than cooked that evening. He had made me go study for my algebra 2 test Monday while he got started, but I couldn't stay away from him for too long when he's been in such a good mood all day.

Mom comes home just in time for Nico to start plating all the food, and his execution is restaurant worthy might I add.

"This looks wonderful Nico!" Mom affirms as he sets a plate in front of her. "I didn't know you could cook?"

Nico shrugs in response, not saying anything as he sits down next to me.

I lean over and peck his cheek affectionately causing him to blush. "Thank you Neeks."

"Welcome," he answers quietly.

I notice he has a significantly smaller portion than he should have but decide not to push it tonight after his little panic attack yesterday over eating to much. As long as he eats at least most of his bowl Im not gonna scrutinise him.

I take a bite and it exceeds all my expectations.

"This is the best thing I've ever tasted," I say, completely truthfully and not just because Nico had made it for me.

"This is so good," Mom tells him with her mouth full because she's lady like like that.

Nico blushes and doesn't say anything as he takes a bite himself. "Normally the meatballs are a separate dish but I thought it would be good with spaghetti since you have that all the time."

"Well you were right, I don't think I'll ever be able to eat my own spaghetti again without cringing after eating this," Mom said.

"No kidding," I join in. "I didn't even have to smother it in that fake parmesan cheese you make fun of me for liking."