SEVENTY-SEVEN

NICO POV:
It's been a day and he hasn't woken up yet. The doctors say there's no need to worry just yet, that this is normal after a traumatic event and his body needs some time to heal, that it's better if he's asleep for while so he doesn't have to be in any pain. I don't want him to be in any pain, but I really want is to hear his voice. I need to hear his voice. Sometimes when I'm holding his hand I almost think I can feel him holding it back but I know it's not true. Every time I look his hand is in the exact same position.

Naomi's been trying to convince me to go home and get some sleep but I won't leave his side. She went home and got my meds and fed Mrs. O'leary, whom I had forgotten about which made me cry, but she always comes back within the hour. I don't think I could physically make myself leave him even if I wanted to. I don't want him to think I've already given up on him.

She's tried to at least get me to sleep on the pull out couch but I won't leave Wills side. She has to physically drag me to the bathroom and keeps threatening to have a nurse put an IV in me if I don't at least drink some water.

I really want to cut, or drink, or smoke, or literally anything to numb the pain. I've debated multiple times stealing a nurses key and breaking into wherever they keep there drugs to try and find something to make me feel better. The only thing that's stopped me is I don't want to leave Wills side.

I keep crying off and on and I can't tell if Naomi is more worried for me or her son. She keeps going between looking at me with eyes full of concern and sombrely at Will. She seems to have excepted that what ever happens to Will will happen and she has no control over it. Either that or she's putting on a brave face for me, I can't really tell the difference.

Some time around the 4th day Naomi comes back in with a nurse who's carrying an IV bag. "Nico, you haven't ate and you haven't slept," she says gently, pulling her chair up right in front of me. "My friend here is gonna give you some medicine to help you sleep and give you the nutrients you're missing-"

"I'm fine," I say quickly. "I don't need it."

"I'm not asking," she says with an air of finality. "You look sick, your no good to Will if you pass out from exhaustion and hunger and end up in a room of your own."

I shake my head, "I want to be awake if he wakes up."

She sighs sadly, "Sweetheart, I don't think he's waking up any time soon."

"Don't fucking say that," I growl. "Just cause you've given up on him doesn't mean I have to too."

"I haven't given up on him, but it's been four days, nearly five."

"So he'll wake up any time now," I snap, holding Wills hand protectively. "I'll sleep then."

"Nico, if I have to have them strap you down and sedate you for you to listen I will."

I glare, "Fucking do it and I promise you'll regret it."

"Please don't make me," she says, her voice pleading. "I love you too much, I don't want to have to do that. Please, he'll just give you a little so you just sleep for a few hours."

"No."

She sighs sadly and turns to her friend, "Just do it, it's for his own good."

I hadn't even noticed he had his hand behind his back but suddenly he moves and I see he has a syringe I know has to be some sort of a sedative. I jump up, tripping over my own feet from my eyes going fuzzy. I catch my self on the side of Wills bed but the nurse grabs me around the middle. I elbow him in the stomach and he grunts in pain but stabs the needle into my bicep. I cry out in pain and try my best to fight the horribly familiar feeling of everything going black but it takes over far to fast.