THIRTY-FOUR

WILL POV:
"What?" I say. I feel like someone has just punched me in the gut then sucked all the air out of the room.

"Does he have a history of drug or alcohol use?" he asks, pushing Nico back so he's leaning his head back on the pillow.

"Both," Walker and I say in unison.

"He's been clean for almost a year now though," Walker says confidently.

"No," I grimace.

"What?" Walker snaps his attention to me. "He's not?"

I shake my head, "About three weeks ago he came home at 3 in the morning high after we got in a fight."

"Shit," Walker rubs his face with his hands. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that so I don't have to report him."

"Sounds good," I say.

"What drugs did he used to do? Just marijuana?" the doctor asked.

"Mostly," Walker said. "But he also popped aderall and Xanax a lot too. He also did cocaine pretty frequently as well but not too often I suppose. Other than that name a drug and he probably tried it at least once but didn't make a habit of."

"He probably caused a lot of brain damage," the doctor said. "We're gonna need to get him a brain scan to see if we can tell what's going on, once he comes back to consciousness."

"How did I never realise what was happening," I scold my self.

"Don't blame your self, absence seizures are incredibly hard to spot. If it hadn't been for the officer here waving in front of his face like that I wouldn't have noticed myself," he said putting a comforting hand on my shoulder. "I would have assumed it was the same thing you did. That he was just disconnecting."

I rub circles on the back of Nicos hand with my thumb until he wakes up and looks around confusingly, probably wondering why we're all in different spots staring at him.

"Why are you all staring at me?" he asked, moving himself closer to me anxiously.

"I believe you had a seizure," the doctor says watching him carefully.

Nico looks taken back, "A seizure?"

"Whats the last thing you remember?" he asks.

"Walker was just telling you about my suicide attempts," Nico said looking at the doctor like he's insane.

"Nico, that was over 5 minutes ago," I say, concern filling my voice.

His breathing starts to hollow out and his heart beat speeds up too. "What? No that's not right," he said, sounding panicked.

"Hey, try to calm down. I think your seizures might be triggered from stress and anxiety," the doctor explains. "We'll figure it out."

"That's all I ever am though is stressed and anxious," Nico says looking at me expectantly as if I was going to be able to explain this all or fix it with a snap of my fingers.

I wrap my arms around him and pull him into my chest, rubbing his back to try and calm him down. His heart rate did decrease slightly but he was still starting to shake.

"I'm going to order a brain scan, I believe you've causes some damage to your brain due to your history with substance abuse and that has caused you to start having seizures."

"Se solo mi uccidesso," Nico grumbles, wrapping his hands in the material of my shirt.

"What was that?" The doctor asks looking between Walker and I expectantly.