The One With The Ruby

Start from the beginning

Emily immediately dropped her forehead down onto Caroline's shoulder as soon as she didn't have to continue with her façade any longer. "Thank God you came!" The Radkova witch whined.

The Forbes vampire giggled as she softly patted Emily's back. "Glad I could help," Caroline teased before she stated with amusement all throughout her voice, "besides, Elena said you probably needed saving from some old lady."

Emily quickly pulled her head off of the blonde vampire's shoulder before she tightly grasped Caroline's right hand. "Please get me out of here," the Radkova witch desperately begged, "before someone else tries to talk to me."

Caroline let out another giggle before she nodded her head. "You got it," the Forbes vampire exclaimed before she wrapped her left arm around Emily's waist. Caroline quickly began leading the Radkova witch out of the Lockwood mansion and towards the backyard.

"Keep your head down," the Forbes vampire advised after she noticed how many elders were glancing over to them as they walked. "These people are like vultures for you," Caroline joked.

"Oh, God," the Radkova witch groaned before she quickly moved her green eyes down instead of staring straight ahead. Emily kept her gaze down to her heels as she silently prayed that she didn't end up falling flat on her face while she simultaneously prayed that no one tried to pull her into another boring conversation.

"There you are!" Elena exclaimed when she spotted her twin sister heading her way. The human girl quickly stood up from the bench, where she and Bonnie had been sitting in the backyard. "Did you get lost?" Elena teasingly asked her twin sister.

The Radkova witch immediately looked to Elena with a glare to her green eyes. "Don't ask," Emily muttered.

Emily ignored the sounds of Caroline and Elena giggling at her as she walked past her twin sister and headed straight to her fellow witch. "Did you find anything useful in your grimoire?" Emily asked as she took a seat beside Bonnie on the bench.

"I think so," Bonnie mumbled as she flipped through her book of magic. "I found an identification spell at my house that might be able to tell us what magic affected the necklace," the Bennett witch stated.

"Let's give it a try," Emily uttered as she brought her black tote bag onto her lap. The Radkova witch dug inside before she pulled out her vervain necklace that was encased in a tiny block of ice. Emily hid the cube between her palms before she looked over to Elena and Caroline.

"Make sure no one is watching," the Radkova witch requested.

Emily did her own scan around the backyard to make sure no one looking in the direction before she lifted up her right hand from on top of the cube of ice. The Radkova witch thought about the heat of a fire before her fingertips were instantly lit up by small flames.

Emily placed her fingers back onto the cube before she began melting the ice around the necklace. The Radkova witch quickly moved the necklace away from her thighs as water began to pour down the sides of the silver piece of jewelry.

"Let me see," Bonnie murmured before she accepted the necklace out of the Radkova witch's hand. "This might take a while," Bonnie stated as she warned the brunette girl.

"It's okay," Emily quickly assured the Bennett witch as she shot Bonnie a small and comforting smile. "I'll be right here if you need anything," the Radkova witch murmured as she patted Bonnie's knee.

The Bennett witch smiled back at her fellow witch as a silent praise before Bonnie moved her gaze back down to her grimoire. Bonnie placed the silver necklace down onto a page before she began performing the identification spell.