Reunion

💗

Taehyung

Iris's conversation with her father still lingers in my head. It's too much to process, today has already been very eventful, we had our share of drama. No more is needed.

I want to ask her about everything. What happened? How she found it? Did that bastard try to touch her? What did he do to her?

But I'm going to suppress my anger and curiosity for now. The last thing I want is to push her away with those questions, when she feels comfortable to talk, I will be there to listen.

Iris went to take a shower. I really wanted to join her but I thought she might need this time to collect herself first. I'm worried if she falls apart one more time, I won't be able to contain myself either.

Whenever I witness her pain, I feel like someone is continuously stabbing me, puncturing holes in my heart.

All I want is to plaster a beautiful smile on her face, where she smiles so hard that her adorable dimples begin to hurt.

I open the pizza box and place the beverages on the table. I had no other choice but to order take-out because everything we have is spoiled or rotten.

Footsteps approach me from behind and I turn to find Iris wearing a hoodie of mine and sweatpants. Knowing Iris, she never dresses so conservatively, even on cold days. Which means that she's hiding from me.

I subside these thoughts, for now, her comfort is my priority, and welcome her warm body in my arms.

Vanilla invades my mind and I can't stop myself from basking in her sweet scent. So simple yet so perfect.

I don't keep her hanging and take her to the dining table so we could feast. She lost weight prominently and I will make sure she restores her health.

"What do you think you're doing?", I ask.

"I'm taking my seat", she answers innocently her big brown eyes round and baffled.

"No, you're not", I tap my thigh. "Come here."

A pink hue shades her features and she complies. I find it fascinating how she still blushes over these simple gestures when we've done so much more than that.

I smirk and as if she's reading my thoughts, she hurries to say, "I'm hungry, let's eat."

She grabs a slice, takes a bite and a satisfied moan escapes her lips, her eyes rolling to the back of her head. And she expects me to stay calm?

"This is so delicious", she praises and brings the slice to my mouth, offering me to eat.

I shake my head, shoving unpure thoughts away, and take up on her offer. It is in fact very delicious.

After we finish eating, I clean up the residue of our dinner and join Iris in our bedroom.

I find her sitting by the window, gazing at the stars. For the first time in a while, she looks relaxed, undeterred by the recent events, and it sort of relieves me too.

This weight that was mounted above my chest, is finally starting to disintegrate into ashes. I let out a deep sigh that I didn't know I was holding and it gives me away.