Erupt

🖤

Iris

We stand in the middle of the room, the lights dim, and a soft beat starts playing in the background.

Everyone is granting us their full attention, assessing us from head to toe, and whispering amongst themselves.

But everyone fades away, when Taehyung pulls me closer to him, his hands brushing the curve of my breasts and settling on my waist.

My heart rate picks up, hastening my breath, and I reach to circle his neck. He shivers when I lock my fingers behind his neck and he leans in closer, erasing any kind of space left between us.

I can sense his eyes penetrating me as I refuse to look him in the eye, afraid that he might catch any flare for him there.

"Are you afraid?", he whispers. What the... Is he a mind-reader or something?

"Why would I be afraid?"

"Because you are not looking at me", he answers, his deep voice sending chills down my spine.

Connecting our eyes, I tune out everyone around us, my father, my guests, the cameras flashing in our direction, Matteo... Everyone.

It's only him, I, and the soft beat that's swaying us gently in each other's arms.

He breaks the silence with three words that I never thought I would hear him say again, "I miss you."

"I don't."

"Liar", he smirks.

"I'm not lying", I say through clenched teeth.

"Then why can I hear your heartbeat accelerating with each word I say?"

"You're delusional", I deny.

"And I'm crazy about you", he adds.

My heart flutters, though it shouldn't. This man is going to cause me a heart attack.

"Liar", I mimic.

He scoffs, and in one swift motion, he swivels me around, and the next thing I know my back is in contact with his hard chest and his hot breath is fanning my neck.

"Why are you so stubborn, baby?", his voice drops to a dangerous tone, one that makes me melt in his arms.

I wanted to fire back at him, but every time I opened my mouth, nothing came out.

He moves his hands towards my thighs and starts dragging them up my legs, igniting every inch he's touching on fire. From my thighs to the curve of my hips, until he reaches my hands which are resting by my sides.

He grasps both of my hands, crossing them in front of my abdomen, and controls my every movement.

I didn't want to ruin this moment, I want to engrave it in my memory forever.

He nestles his head in the crook of my neck and breathes me in, "Enchanting", he hisses.

"You look like a dream, baby", he flatters, speculating every inch of me.

His hair skims my jaw, and I couldn't help but take a whiff of it. He still uses the same shampoo, sandalwood, and vanilla. My favorite.

With every praise he utters, I fall for him a little bit more and fool myself a little bit more.

He changes our dancing position again, but this time when he turns me around so we're facing each other again, he brings us so close, that only a few centimeters are separating our lips.